What's new

Boxelder Bugs - any tricks to get rid of them? (1 Viewer)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I've got an infestation of boxelder bugs in, on and around a shed on my property. I'll spray them down with diazinon but they're back in numbers in a couple of days. Now my wife is telling me that they're starting to congregate on the house now. I printed some web pages about these annoying bugs but was wondering if anyone has had a good "fix" for them, short of spraying everything in sight!
There's a boxelder tree behind the shed, not fully accessible to me (outside my fence and not on my property), which is probably where the bugs are coming from.
Any thoughts? Thanks!
KJP

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
What is a Boxelder bug?
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I have no idea either, never heard of them myself, but then I am no entymologist. I like spiders though, however they're not insects.
http://www.pestproducts.com/boxelderbugs.htm
has some pictures of what they look like, plus some hints on elimating them. Hope that helps a little bit.
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
They're seasonal bugs. Not much to do to eliminate them. Be patient....their time will soon be up.
K. Alexander - HTF Resident Pest Control Technician
------------------
"What does God want with a Starship?" - Captain Kirk from Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Ohhhhh, those of you who say you cannot get rid of them obviously never listened to Dr. Jerry Baker, Americas Master Gardener. Get one of those 2&1/2 gallon sprayers. The ones that you pump up to pressurize and have a hose with a nozzle on them. Put 1/2 to 1 cup of liquid dish soap (the kind for washing by hand, not dishwasher deteregent). Spray liberally on any surfaces where the bugs gather (spray on the bugs too, it clogs them up and they will fly away and die peacefully elsewhere). The cool thing is, its not harmful to grass and plants, and it washes off the house when it rains.
------------------
My Website: Link Removed
e-mail me: [email protected]
My DVD Profiler
Paradigm Lover

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
We have a lot of these bugs around the yard also.
They like to climb up houses, fences and trees looking for shelter from the up coming cold weather.
In Canada we call them Maple Bugs.
They are harmless and make a nice crunchy sound when you step on them. :)
Light your shed on fire and that should take care of them ,Kev,
wink.gif

------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks