Bones Season 8 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Stan said:
I missed a few episodes and never knew how Hodgins lost his money. If somebody could give me a brief explanation I'd appreciate it.

Certainly must be a major life adjustment from being mega-wealthy to just regular salaried employees, but he and Angela seem to not even care.

Thanks
With an FBI agent and a federal prosecutor watching on, Pelant, the mastermind criminal, raided Hodgin's bank accounts.. if Hodgin used the code to stop him, then a bomb would kill many kids. He liquidated Hodgins estate and sent the money everywhere.
I generally disliked it because (a) most of Hodgin's estate isn't the kind of thing he could just cash liquidate, as they had covered in past seasons; (b) even if they could, considering everyone knew it was a commission of a crime, a phone call to the bank kind of would resolve it and (c) there was never a follow up against Pelant, the money-thief criminal, which should be tracable via IP, etc.
The whole concept of that theft was bad. I'm sure Pelant will come back at some point, they will get him and Hodgins will recover his estate, but hate the storyline

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am so over the whole Pelant story line. If they do not resolve it this season, I am throwing in the towel. I have way too many shows to keep up with and don't want to spend valuable time on a bad guy that has super-powers and is always 2 steps ahead of the good guys.

I have been with this show since it started, but Pelant will be the thing that is the final nail.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for filling me in on what I missed.

Have a feeling Pelant will be like "The Gravedigger", just popping up periodically for the next few seasons. They always seem to have some villain in the background to fall back on like Gormogon that the writers can drag on forever. Hopefully they'll dump Pelant fairly soon, he's pretty annoying and isn't nearly as interesting as some of their other villains.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
He (Pelant) might have been interesting for a few episode story arc within a season, but to drag him along for two seasons growing ever-stronger and in a greater position of power against the regular characters makes the entire notion of him absurd now, and I don't find him a challenge; he's a plot manipulator and that's all. Not interested in him any longer as the enemy.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately Pelant surfaces in the season finale next week, and I seriously doubt that the show is finished with him.

- Walter.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It seems like the writing has been getting worse on this show as it progresses. Or at least more lazy. Not sure if it was a gently decline or if this season is just worse for some reason. Asside from the Cam/Squint love intrest, the stories have just not seemed as good. Now they are going to trot out super-badie again because they can't seem to come up with anything new.

The previous episode had either a really bad continuity error or just bad writing as well. The opening scene ended with the body falling from a tractor bucket onto a woman at a demolition site. When they zoomed in to her yelling "get this thing off of me" the corpse has a perfectly intact skull. Then they cut to the lab where the first thing they discuss is how badly crushed the skull was and how hard it was going to be to put it back together. They mentioned something about the building falling on it twice. Only when it was dropped on the woman in the beggining, it was out in the open. Nothing to fall on it.

Maybe I am getting tired of this show and am trying to find an excuse to stop watching it. :(

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The producers of the show really love the character of Pelant; they've made that perfectly clear in several interviews this season, so I won't be a bit surprised to see him continue on into next season which, I'm guessing, will be the series' last.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I found the entire episode irritating. Again, Pelant the super villain who can't be traced or touched, operating with no problems with only one good eye, and has complete access to everyone and everything is just absurd. And you can't tell me that Booth couldn't duck into a closet or bathroom with no survelliance, jot off a note to Brennan to explain what was going on, and at least offer her some solace. Dumb beyond belief and insulting to a thinking audience.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I popped into this thread to see the reaction to last night's episode (I haven't viewed it yet) and it looks like I'm just going to dump it and save myself 43 minutes of irritation. I probably won't watch another Pelant episode until they actually take him down.

- Walter.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Scott-S said:
It seems like the writing has been getting worse on this show as it progresses. Or at least more lazy. Not sure if it was a gently decline or if this season is just worse for some reason. Asside from the Cam/Squint love intrest, the stories have just not seemed as good. Now they are going to trot out super-badie again because they can't seem to come up with anything new.
This sums up my feelings about the show. The plots have become "lazy". I dislike the Pelant story arc and would love to see it end asap. Isn't it typical for a series of Bones' age for the writing to decline in quality?

The whole vibe of the show has changed, now that Bones and Booth are living together and have a kid. I don't think it's working for the show. Another show that went through a similar change, Castle, has pulled it off, IMHO. I'm liking Castle more now and Bones less.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
Despised the ending. Another ending that made no sense at all.
Finally watched the finale today, not impressed at all. None of the creepy factor they usually put into their villains, just boring. I just hope they get rid of Pelant early next season and don't drag him on showing up periodically for years.

Not positive, but I think the Gravedigger episodes carried on for almost five years before the shocking head loss. Hopefully Pelant will come to a violent end soon.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Matt Hough said:
And you can't tell me that Booth couldn't duck into a closet or bathroom with no survelliance, jot off a note to Brennan to explain what was going on, and at least offer her some solace. Dumb beyond belief and insulting to a thinking audience.
I thought the same thing about finding a place to slip Brennan a note. But I also thought Brennan would be smart enough to figure out that something is up. After all, marriage is obviously very important to Booth. She finally consents to be married, and suddenly he's backing off?

Given that Pelant is still at-large, Brennan should be smart enough to suspect there are reasons for Booth's sudden refusal. Instead, she just becomes emotional at Booth's decision, which is also quite out of character for someone who always claimed the institution marriage was completely irrational and unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks