What's new

BONES - David Boreanaz says Season 1 is coming soon... (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
^ would possibly be smart for Fox to try a special on that. A way to get Angel fans to check Bones out, and people who like Boreanaz on Bones to check Angel out at the same time

Peter T.

Grip
Wow, thanks for this thread. I was just about to order because I really like this show. Thanks for the Double-Sided Disc warning. There's no chance in heaven I'm gonne buy the set now. I'm still upset that I can't watch the last Disc of my "West Wing - Season 2"-Set anymore, because the stupid Double-Side Disc won't play anymore...

Why is FOX starting to do this now? Every other major studio said goodby to this crappy discs.

Damn I really wanted this show. Does anybody know what discformat the UK-Release has?

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's out now.

Nice packaging and slipcover, but I cannot bring myself to pick it up on account of it being 4 double-sided DVDs.

I even saw it for rent at Blockbuster, but I doubt rented double-sided discs will last long.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Netflix gets special discs made for them usually. They are single sided.

I don't know for sure if this is true for this one, but it has been for the others discs I have rented that were sold as double sided.

I am also passing on this set because it is double sided. I don't need any more stress in my life.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
That's what makes this so frustrating!

Several of us are passing on this because of the headache that is double-sided discs, and even though a few people out there not buying it don't compare to the many more out there who will, it's still a loss for both Fox and us.

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator

In don't know what the problem is either. If it's a problem with defects (which I've never experienced) that's one thing. But are you guys saying you're too lazy to turn the disc over?

It's too bad because the audio and picture quality on the set is amazing. I missed most of the shows when they originally aired and I'm really enjoying it.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Laziness? Not at all. It has ONLY to do with potential disc defects.

Plus, they are too fragile and prone to dust on both sides...too much of a hassle.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Isn't the reliability problem with double layered, double sided DVD-18 discs? Are these even DVD-18?

I'll have to add that I did buy this set. For some reason Circuit City had season 1 for $19.99 on the day it came out so I picked up a copy.

I didn't like Bones when I first saw it. I watched the first episode when the show premiered and it really didn't do anything for me. I didn't catch another episide until several months later and found myself enjoying the show. I now watch it regularly. I look forward to watching the episodes I missed from season 1 when I can find the time.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
To those of you that are passing on this set because of the double-sided discs: You are making a huge mistake! The pictured quality is as good as anything that I've seen on DVD - It looks like hi-def to me. I was not sure I would like the series, because I hate CSI, but this show is unbelievably good. Maybe I like it so much because of the PQ; it makes my jaw drop at times. Listen, I'm no fan of double-sided discs either; I've had plenty of problems with Universal's DVD-18s, but when a show is this amazing you have got to get past it.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
When my SLIDERS season 3 set had a defective disc, I corrected it by creating a backup copy, and fixed the defect (the usual freezing/skipping) and ended up making backups of every other disc side - just so I could have single sided discs that work properly. If I broke down and did pick this up (and since I've always loved this show I may end up doing that) I would do the same thing - make "side A only" or "side B only" backups in order to have all single sided discs.

Of course the other alternative is to buy two sets and have eight discs, but that would be too expensive, not to mention silly.

Linda K

Agent
Real Name
Linda K
The reason I like the show is because of the bantering that goes on between to two main characters. :D

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I love all things CSI, and I'm forever loyal to David Boreanaz thanks to ANGEL. I'll watch him in anything, and it didn't hurt that this became a great show to watch on all levels - characters, stories, comedy, you name it.

Linda K

Agent
Real Name
Linda K
Hmmmmm, you might be right! :emoji_thumbsup: Anyone here X-files fans too? I liked that show because of the Mulder and Scully interaction that went on. I sure miss that show. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks