What's new

BONES - David Boreanaz says Season 1 is coming soon... (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 is already available in the UK, and according to TvshowsonDVD, while at ComicCon, series star David Boreanaz mentioned that it will be available here in November, featuring commentaries by himself and the various producers.

This is fantastic news, especially considering how many people here didn't give the show the chance it deserved.

That being said, the show returns for a second season at the end of August, on Fox.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I watched a few episodes and it was decent, I'll definately look into it on DVD

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
^ Same here. It's not my typical show, but I'll give it a watch for the sake of being a DB fan. (From Buffy/Angel of course)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I didn't see this series when it first aired on FOX. I wish they aired summer reruns instead of those crap reality shows. Of course it could be argued that "Bones" is based on actual case files of a forensic anthropologist.

Give me a well-produced filmed series like Bones over cheap videotaped junk like Survivor any day! :)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I watched every single episode of Bones to date and I loved every minute of it. I admit it was a little strange to see DB as anything other then Angel at first... but that feeling didn't last long at all. I really like Emily Deschane in it also. :)

This one will definitely be added to my collection... and I for one can't wait for season 2! :)

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit

Its not yet released in the UK.
Some sites are still listing the originally planned release date of 7th August but others are now saying delayed until October. Have on pre-order so hope its soomer rather than later.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It's an outstanding crime procedural with a great cast of very unusual and interesting characters. Unlike other crime shows of TV, this one has a different feel about it, and as the season progressed, I grew to really love the characters, as eccentric as they are on the surface.

Definitely on my must-buy list, and I've been very disappointed to see the reruns abandoned for reality repeats.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
This isn't my genre, but I tuned in for David 'cause I loved Angel. And I was pleasantly surprised. It's not the kind of show I get *passionate* about, but I liked the characters and was entertained. I'll buy it. :)

(It's kinda cool how many people enjoy Bones, who don't normally enjoy crime shows, eh? That's a major achievement, methinks. I was afraid it would be cancelled for not being a cookie-cutter CSI clone. Originality is so often stamped out!)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Sorry about that - I forgot about the actual date of the UK release. Guess both sides of the pond will get near the same time.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

A CSI clone is what most people seemed to write it off as, but it's anything but.

By the way, Season 2 is supposed to premiere August 30.

That's the earliest start date for a show I watch...unfortunately it is also going to move to the death slot of Friday nights in the winter.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

maybe Fox is doing that so the show can be cancelled and David has more time to do an Angel movie? lol... I know, wishful thinking.

John*D

Second Unit
Seen every episodes and loved it. Definitely will be picking this up, and I'm looking forward to S2. Can't wait!!!!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Warner and Universal are beginning to take the hint about double-sided discs and yet Fox is still up to it? Why??? I hate hate hate double-sided discs

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Note that these are DVD-14s, not the DVD-18s that Universal uses. Still annoying that you have to flip them, but the odds that they'll fail spectacularly are much less.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Like I said in DVD Talk, I hate them. They could be considered the greatest DVD innovation and I'd still hate them.

Forget defects, the inconvience issues are too many to deal with.

Plus, DVD-14s make it worse - 4 episodes on one side, 2 on the other...what the hell is that?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
>>Note that these are DVD-14s, not the DVD-18s that Universal uses. Still annoying that you have to flip them, but the odds that they'll fail spectacularly are much less.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
UPDATE:

FOX is now releasing this on November 28 - the same day the new ANGEL silm sets are released.

Looks like November 28 is David Boreanaz DVD Day...that's a lot of D's. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks