What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Which studio/company do you want to co-finance and distribute Bond 25?

• Warner Bros.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Sony Pictures

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 20th Century Fox

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Universal Pictures

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Annapurna Pictures

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Apple

• Amazon

• Total voters
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I totally agree with you that each of the pre-Craig Bonds could be viewed independently of each other.

I do seem to recall (and my memory is vague these days!) a couple of instances, however, where knowing what's happened in a previous film could add more meaning to the scene:

* In Diamonds Are Forever, the beginning has Bond (I believe) seeking revenge on Blofeld for what happened at the end of OHMSS (the previous film). Of course he could have been simply pursuing Blofeld as part of his regular job, so it's not a big deal if you haven't seen OHMSS, but there's more resonance if it's interpreted as being connected to the end of OHMSS.

* In Licence To Kill, in the opening scene, Felix's new wife Della floats the idea of Bond getting married, and Bond says no. Felix explains to Della that Bond was married before, a long time ago. I interpret this as a reference to what happened in OHMSS. Again, it doesn't have to be connected to OHMSS, but makes more sense if it does.

Let's not forget (although I try to) that insufferable sheriff Pepper turning up in two successive Roger Moore titles. Or that Jaws also reappears, the second time as comedy relief! There is a brief continuity between THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and MOONRAKER as well as LIVE AND LIE DIE and THE MAN WITH GOLDEN GUN because of that.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
The tag should have read, "007 Will Return," since in NTTD, Bond's female replacement was designated "007" for a time.
People are assuming that they aren't simply going to reboot the franchise again, starting over at the beginning with a new "James Bond".

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
There's an actor who, like Robert Taylor and Keanu Reeves, give generally flat performances. Gavin was not even good in SPARTACUS.
If they hadn't managed to get Connery back, Gavin would have killed the series.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
People are assuming that they aren't simply going to reboot the franchise again, starting over at the beginning with a new "James Bond".
I don't think they're going to cast a woman. The next Bond may not necessarily be white, but I'm pretty sure he'll be a man.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
They should start from scratch and set it in the 60’s with a new young Bond.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I don't think they're going to cast a woman. The next Bond may not necessarily be white, but I'm pretty sure he'll be a man.
I don't care what they do anymore now. For me it has Ended with Daniel Craig. I have 23 James Bond movies in my collection. That's Plenty for me. (I never liked Dalton :thumbsdown:) I hope this year being the 60th Anniversary, we finally get the rest 1962 to 2002 in 4K UHD ! Please ! ?:confused:

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
They are all available digitally in 4K and look and sound terrific. But I’m sure you knew that. ;)

Yeah, but at least some of us still want the discs though (and they'll probably come w/ DCs too)... although I'd settle for 4K digital for cases where the disc version wouldn't actually yield any better PQ I guess, especially for the more marginal ones, except maybe a couple Brosnan titles that had very mediocre-to-awful BDs (plus maybe a couple others like From Russia with Love and Goldfinger) that I would definitely want disc upgraded (unless there really would be no meaningful difference over the old BD)...

I'm probably not getting whatever anniversary big box set unless it's steeply discounted though...

_Man_

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Billie and Finneas won the Oscar! 3rd consecutive Bond film to win the Best Original Song! W00T!!! I loved the song myself, not as good as Adele’s Skyfall but better than Smith’s Writing’s on the Wall. But either way all 5 of the title songs of Craig’s era have been wonderful.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Billie and Finneas won the Oscar! 3rd consecutive Bond film to win the Best Original Song! W00T!!! I loved the song myself, not as good as Adele’s Skyfall but better than Smith’s Writing’s on the Wall. But either way all 5 of the title songs of Craig’s era have been wonderful.
Glad No Time To Die Won !!! :D :thumbsup::dancing-banana-04: Found out last night on Youtube. It was they only thing I was interested in about the Awards show. Nothing else ! Congratulations Billie & Finneas !
aaaaaabillie-eilish-finneas-oscars-2022-winners-room.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks