What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Bob Steele Classic Westerns VCI, Neat Little Oaters, Best these orphaned films have looked (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Just got a wonderful surprise in this set of 4 Bob Steele oaters, these films have been orphaned for years, so no one will find the original negs and restore them. I have seen these films over the years and this set is a really great value, lists for $9.95 on sale now for $6.96 and really a fun way to spend a rainy or lazy day watching some old westerns. I remember Bob Steele from his role on "F Troop" but watching his early and starring roles in these westerns shows he had a great personality a down to earth type in the same manner as Gene Autry or Roy Rogers albeit on a more modest level. https://www.vcientertainment.com/product/bob-steele-classic-westerns-four-feature/

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Thanks for the heads up, placed an order a few minutes ago.

I see BOB STEELE had his own comic book series from FAWCETT.

BobSteeleComic.jpg

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
It's a nice little collection, and the prints of the four films are indeed above-par for the PD circuit. "Brand of Hate" (1934), by the way, offers husband-and-wife Lucile Browne and James Flavin together in the same film. Browne, the leading lady, and longtime character-actor Flavin as a menacing henchman.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Thanks for the heads up, placed an order a few minutes ago.

I see BOB STEELE had his own comic book series from FAWCETT.

View attachment 99450
WOW this is nice, his own comic book! You will love the four films on the disc! Check out the serials too! Love VCI they really value their customers!

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
WOW this is nice, his own the comic book! You will love the four films on the disc! Check out the serials too! Love VCI they really value their customers!
PLEASE DELETE THIS ==== SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
It's a nice little collection, and the prints of the four films are indeed above-par for the PD circuit. "Brand of Hate" (1934), by the way, offers husband-and-wife Lucile Browne and James Flavin together in the same film. Browne, the leading lady, and longtime character-actor Flavin as a menacing henchman.

Great info! Love seeing all the same heavies appear in Autry, Rogers, Hoppy films etc love seeing Morris Ankrum long time Hoppy heavy then appear as a judge on tv's Perry Mason! VCI though has been doing great work. I just got there GREEN PROMISE and it is the best I have seen this little gem look. I recently told Sara Karloff about their Mr Wong set which features the best prints of those fun little films, their White Zombie is stunning, sad that they lost 1951's SCROOGE to Disney although keeping my fingers crossed they get it back and use the BFI"S great restoration!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks