What's new

Beetlejuice Sequel (1 Viewer)

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon
I was just thinking that it's odd that this hasn't been given a sequel. It's a very popular and well-liked film and it's an 80s staple.

I wouldn't want Tim Burton to have anything to do with it. I don't like the way his career has gone. Take a pseudo-Gothic concept, throw in some CGI, a Danny Elfman score, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter and you've got a Tim Burton film and that's not what I would want for a BJ sequel. BJ2 would need a completely new director and a completely new music score.

Michael Keaton should come back. No one else could do what he does and, as he showed more recently in Birdman, he's still got that kind of crazy in him. I wouldn't be averse to Winona Ryder either.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions for directors, composers and acting/production talent?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Personally I wouldn’t have any interest unless Burton’s is involved. And of course Keaton. They are both essential for a sequel.

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon
May I ask what you guys see in Burton's later work? Any particular films to recommend? If there is something I'm not getting in relation to Burton, I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks