What's new

Beatles (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Portions of the multimillion-dollar payout also will go to pop singer Michael Jackson, along with the EMI and Sony recording groups, who each own certain Beatles recording or publishing rights.

What a jerk.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
MJ allowed Beatles music to be used to sell cars, hot dogs, hair spray etc on TV
John Lennon would be rolling over in his grave-probably George, too

Art-or commerce?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Apparently the head of the Sony arm that co-controls the Beatles catalog mentioned in an interview that they're considering doing a Beatles edition of Guitar Hero. (I read this at Gamespot.com.)

It's an interesting idea. They're coming out with Guitar Hero: Aerosmith edition soon. There are a few bands that I would *love* to see get full GH games. Aerosmith and the Beatles aren't particular favorites, but I like 'em enough that I'd probably buy the games on sale (then again, I don't ever pay full price for video games anyway :) ).

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

George was plenty alive when Beatles songs first were licensed for ads, so he didn't have to roll in his grave.

Y'know, John's wife has licensed about anything she can touch to make money off of her dead husband's name. I also believe the Beatles themselves were involved in tons of licensed products when they existed.

The music industry tries to make money in a variety of ways. I believe that Lennon and Harrison were quite wealthy, so they may - gasp! - actually have attempted to become rich through their art as well.

So once again, your point is... ?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Just do a Google Images search and you'll find plenty of vintage Beatles tchochkies of all sorts.

Also, White Cloud diapers (which are pretty good diapers) are decorated with licensed John Lennon artwork. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks