What's new

Battlestar Galactica - SciFi US broadcast thread (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I think even the scene in Colonial Day when Starbuck/Apollo were sunning themselves is leading somewhere. But Despite my resistance to a Apollo/Starbuck fling, I think I'm more reviled by Starbuck boffing Baltar. I mean this guy is obviously whacked, he talks to himself, and nobody really pays him any heed, I think someone would notice, then they make him VP of the colonies, yeah I know they just wanted a figurehead, but with the President having Cancer you'd think she would've picked a better choice, i guess she went with the choice that would not get Richard hatch elected. A Good show but Starbuck having Impure thoughts about Apollo just disturbs me.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
How about that trading of punches? Good scene, I personally think that Apollo and Starbuck don't have that kind of friendship. Anyone can fantasize but that doesn't mean it's gonna come true. Apollo made fun of Starbucks hygeine lol he knows here too well.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
My only real complaint about season 1 of BG is the pacing. Believe it or not, I think the show needs to slow it down a bit.

Moore is dealing with so many different plot points that, at times, I don't think he's doing all of them justice.

The Balter/Apollo/Starbuck thing is just the latest example.

Here's to hoping that in season 2, Moore can take what is in my opinion an A- show and make it into an A+ show.

Winston L

Grip
I certainly agree with you in regard to the latest episode. It could have been broken up into 2. Other eps, I think were just right.

I'd still give it an A+ overall. Can't remember being this anxious to see the next episode of a TV show on a regular basis in my life. Not even with the other excellent series like Lost and 24.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I think it may have something to do with the fact that this season was only 13 episodes. So much story to tell. Hopefully, with a longer 2nd season, things can slow down a bit.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Why is this? Someone's not still thinking about the old show are they? :)

I enjoyed the show and look forward to the second part. Glad we only have to wait 2 months to find out the outcome.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

I'm actually ok with it. If they don't come back to the plot threads, I'd be upset, but just sticking in a bit of a story is fine by me. It adds to the "one long story" vs. 13 individual shows for me. Also, if this show is about characters, it conveys that these people have personal interaction aboard ship, but even though there are unresolved tensions and feelings, it all takes a back seat when they have to jump into their vipers and shoot things. Sorta like, oh crap, gotta put my life on hold and save civilization. I don't need the show to be tied up all at once -- as long as it is eventually tied up.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
My only complaint with the season is how Dry it is. I mean, in most Dramas you get light moments but since most of the race has been exterminated they can't do that all that much. I'm not looking for a cHiPs ending or anything but there's more to being human than yelling and punching.

I don't want it to slow down they just need to show some characters some week and not show them other weeks while other stories are being served. They did this well on Babylon 5

Winston L

Grip
I think of "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down" and "Colonial Day" as the light moments.

But I agree, we need a little bit more of a break in some of the "heavier" episodes. Maybe a C story line that isn't deathly serious. But then, there are only about 40 minutes of story time an episode.

Sheesh, it might even be work creating an episode! ;)

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor

I felt it was a bit disturbing. She was engaged to his dead brother and Lee is her superior. Both of those are things that should have factored into her consciousnes.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Overall, I love the new show and find it far superior to the original which I'm certainly old enough to have seen as an adult.

In the nit picking vein similar to the physcis of flying thread, has anyone figured out why the "Human Cylons" seem to have far superior strength and endurance than Humans. By all accounts, there is so minimal difference b/w the anatomy and physiology that nobody can tell the difference without some 11 hour supercomputer analysis that takes radiation to bring out the truth. If the muscle, ligaments, tendons down to the microscopic and presumably atomic structure is virtually identical, how it it physically possible to withstand massive physical trauma and to break steel handcuffs at will? If all are inseparable, the the physics of biology limits have much stress a 'tendon' can stand before tearing and thereby limit the overall strength/power of a given muscle size.

Any explanations from the official sites and behind the scenes commentaries? I have absolutely zero problem with suspending belief and can live within a shows own logic cycle while watching whether it be 6 Dollar Man or BG or Star Trek, etc though some things just seem to standout at times.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit

My simple theory is that humans are sometimes capable of great strength and endurance during times of extreme stress.

The simple fact is that 99.99% of humans probobly never know there TRUE limits, and how hard they can TRUELY push themselves.

So Cylons simply activate that "adrenaline" rush, or whatever, to get some extra strength/endurance when needed.
Or have there body produce extra endorphins, or similar natural chemicals.

We havnt seen the cylons do anything that a human couldnt do... given the right circumstances.

nick

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

When Starbuck was interrogating the prisoner and he broke his "handcuffs" like they were plastic trinkets, you think a regular human prisoner could do the same?

When Adama was pummelling the Cylon in the miniseries with the metal pipe in the fight, do you think a nonCylon could have taken anywhere near the punishment?

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
There have been differences shown. Human Cylons seem to have their spine glow red when they're turned on.

Also, Baltar mentioned that their blood contains synthetic compounds that humans don't have.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I just suspected that the cylons were engineered or "built" in such a way that they outpaced evolution and were stronger than humans. I didn't expect that they were exactly human. They don't have a dead cylon to examine, right? So Baltar built his cylon detector without knowing exactly all of the differences he could test for? So he found something in the blood, but maybe there are other differences (like the neon lights in the spine) that they could find with an xray or something. Which reminds me, I still need to rewatch the episode where he tested Boomer to see if he is truthful about the test results taking 12 hours apiece or just BS'ing Adama.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
They haven't examined any knowing that they're Cylons, but I imagine Boomer has gone through many physicals and had to go to the infirmiry for injuries in her military career. I'd think someone would have noticed if there were adrenaline-producing nanofactories in her bloodstream or her bones were made of a lightweight but unbreakable carbon composite material.

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
Actually ,They have the body of the one that Adama fought on the Supply station,He is a copy of the one they interrogated.In that episode it showed Adama open a Drawer in the Morgue to see if he was still there.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit

As others have mentioned, I think its completely plausible that the cylons might release adrenaline and endorphines when the moment is needed. At least... cylons who know they are cylons.

For humans, these things are released subconsciensly, but perhaps a cylon could do it CONSCIENCELY. So they boost strength, or reduce pain as needed... but perhaps with side-effects.

However, I FORGOT about the "glowing spine thing". That did strike me as something that SHOULD be detectable by Baltar.
Hmm... I just thought of a wicked... err.. great Cylon detector!

Nick

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that their skeletons are not made of bone. I seriously doubt that Boomer mis-fired through her cheek! It's more likely that she fired and it ricocheted off her skull, through her cheek.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks