What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Battlestar Galactica - SciFi US broadcast thread (1 Viewer)

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
Comments:
I hate Six (the imaginary one).
I hate Baltar. He is a traitor and deserves to die.

Real comments:
Not only did Boomer's spine glow, it pulsed like a Cylon's red eye. Neat!

Six's lines about God appear to be Baltar accepting her (or that he literally works for the Cylons). Twice, he repented and was "set free". He is definitely being manipulated by her.

If cylon biology is so similar to human (baltar has YET to identify a detectable difference), then what are they REALLY?

I thought the President's line about ggut feelings were flattened and made irrelevent when she announced Baltar's vindication. She flip-flops worse than Bill Clinton!

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I don't consider Baltar a traitor. He was a dupe, a stooge, a tool, an egotist, and fool who the Cylons were able to manipulate to their ends. At worse, Baltar thought he was enabling some industrial espionage by 6. I think Baltar's ego can't accept the fact that he was used in such a way and by a woman. Baltar of the original series was a traitor in the traditional sense since his decision was a conscience one based on his own self interest.

Roger_R

Second Unit
Where? Did it happen in that scene where one copy was having fun with Helo and the other was trying to remove CYLON from her locker? If so, then the Sky One broadcasts were censored. :frowning:

Roger_R

Second Unit
Yes, it was. Now that I look at the episode again it seems shortened. Wonder what else they cut out.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

He annoys the hell out of me. There scenes together are getting old too. At least it was good to see her interacting with others for a change.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton

I actually think Baltar is one of the best characters on the show. I find it bantering with Six amusing.

Mikel,
There scenes together are going somewhere, hang in there you'll see.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
A good read Gordon. Thanks for the heads up. Really looking forward to the second season. This is one of my top three television shows right now. Lost and Smallville being the other two.

Dalton

cwhite

Second Unit
I hate to see this series fly off into the land of soap operas plots. I don't see how Baltar could be exonerated in spite the fact that he was trying to destroy the photograph and the computer and setting off the ship's fire alarm. If he was truly innocent(we know he's not), the evidence of tampering in the photograph would arise in the outcome. He behaved(very well) like a desparate man with something to hide. And how many people have caught him talking to Six(in his mind) openly? How soon will Helo figure out that he's a small mouse in a very big maze while marooned on Caprica? I still enjoyed the show.

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
I Think under more normal circumstances that might be true,but remember there are very limited numbers of highly skilled people left,with a shortage of officers,pilots,doctors & scientific geniuses,they have to to make the best use of the ones they have & if that means cutting them some slack,so be it.Remember they also let a whole shipload of hardened criminals loose because they needed thier skills,It wasn't thier first choice maybe,but they decided to live with it after it happened because choice isn't something they have a lot of.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Actually he is innocent of being a trader. As others have pointed out he simple was unknowingly used by the Cylons.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

His guilt is really in the covering up part ... not the unwitting sell out of the colonies.

Regards

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I agree with the theory that Six self-destructed and her consciousness was put back in Gaius or another Six. My theory is that Six actually downloaded herself out of Gaius' mind and into the body that was already on one of the ships. The timing of the fight and Six showing up in the real world are too close. At worst, implanted Six signaled the physical Six that it was time to present the "evidence". There may be more of her but she would find it difficult to hide given she is about a foot taller than most around her.

Given the previous theory then Six in Gaius' mind is not a figment but a plant and is in communication with the rest of the Cylons. Now the question still remains whether Gaius is actually a cylon.

Theory on Caprica: Given that it would be silly to have Helo catch up to the Galactica and the writers know this, I think the Cylons are using him to research human / cylon mating. "I want us to have a baby" or whatever the exact quote was.

Only two minor disappointments with this excellent episode.
1. Commander Adama would never have let Six kiss him when it was so apparent that she was trying to seduce him. Way out of character unless he was positive she was a cylon and wanted to see where it would go. If he was positive then he would have treated Gaius differently such him personally ordering the check for a forgery.
2. Gaius' easy transition from devout atheist to converted. Yes he feared for his life but he knew he was setup. In the last scene he now appears to be completely broken and will do "whatever God wants."

Chuck Anstey

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
They cant do this plot forever though. I like the character of Helo but after a season (much like Baltar talking to Number 6 in his head) they have to go forward. Perhaps the Cylons can bring back tot ht Galactica somehow. I mean, you think they can keep going back to Caprica and showing his scenes for 4 or 5 years?
If you want to make the show realistic, get rid of some characters every so often (like on 24) and introduce new ones but dont keep them around just to keep them around (like Sloan on Alias.)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Wouldn't the Cylons already have completed their research before attacking?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I guess no one has any thoughts from my last post. Can the "machine" Cylons talk. How would they feel about seeming to be the workers and solders for the newer "human" Cylons? A relationship that i would guess caused the war. Kind of an Animatrix plot, i would think.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

How about asking one of the fighters if they like being a fighter? :)

As 6 said in the mini ... they have their uses ...

Personally, I find this mind transfer thing to be like carousel ... renew! Renew!!

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks