What's new

Barking Dogs (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

It's a good thing your co-worker was never discovered as having done this because someone would have burned her/his house to the ground, and he/she would have deserved it. My sister was taking care of my cat while I was temporarily relocated in another city. The cat, accidently, one time only, manages to escape her house and gets poisoned by anti-freeze that was left out by a cat killing prick in her neighborhood. I'm still pissed off about it and it happened 2+ years ago. If I could figure who the prick was, he would be replacing a lot of tires on his car or a lot of windows in his house.

In regards to phoning people about their barking dogs. Here is the other side of the story when someone does that. This happened years ago. I was woken up at 4.00 in the morning by some bitch, who starts screaming at me to shut my dog up or she would call animal control. I'm barely awake as she starts verbally assaulting me and slams the phone down in my ear before I can say even word one in reply. I hang up and go to see if the dog is barking and I don't hear shit. If there was dog barking in the fevered imagination of that bitch it certainly wasn't our dog. I can tell you, I was f'ing pissed off. That was another one that I wished I could have found out the identity of. She would have be waking up to a hangup every day at 4.00 AM for a year.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I don't really know. She must have known our last name and the fact that we had a dog. The battleaxe just naturally assumed that a barking dog in the neighborhood had to be ours.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That sucks about your cat. Hard to believe there are many people out there who could do that. If I even did something like that accidentally I would lose sleep over it for a long while.

I can relate to both sides of your phone calling lady. Sounds like she might be getting tormented by your pet and it makes noice at odd times. I was getting that with my neighbor. It would bark so much I'd hear it even when it wasn't barking. I'd wear ear plugs and still hear it...until I took the plugs out and realized it was only in my head. I do that with boom cars right now. I'll hear it and figure out it's my AC or something else that's making the noise. It consumes you eventually and you really teeter on being normal and going nuts. I've been there.

Cant' wait to look at that house tomorrow. I really want that place!!

Donnac

Auditioning
Real Name
Donna
I have never tried those citronella collars yet but what I have tried is the Craig's Paw Old Fashioned Bark Stopper. If you get a chance to talk to your neighbor again then try to recommend this product. This is so effective and easy to use. This is how it goes, when the dog starts to bark excessively, simply pick up the Craig’s Paw Old Fashioned Bark Stopper, give it a shake, and regain control of the dog’s barking. It’s just that simple, dog barks, you shake hand, and dog stops. To know more about this product, please click on this link http://www.craigspaw.com

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Donnac keeps trying.

anyway what's reverse phone book?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Reverse Phone Book

Phone Book: you know a person/business name and find their address/phone number.

Reverse Phone Book: you know the phone number and find out name/address.

There are other ways to cross-reference all that kind of info: city directories, etc.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ok but James answered my question of how did she know your phone number with reverse phone book, that's only if you know the phone number already.

she apparently knew his phone number by normal look up by name.
So hence my confusion of why james answered "reverse phone book".

I never noticed he posted that until now.

Someone named donnac has been trying to spam a few threads with links to a dog collar, I saw the post in my email update.
Speaking of which this was supposed to be something else that was updated and still hasn't.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Guess I'm fortunate that my two beagles are surprisingly quiet...except when they happen upon a rabbit that has stupidly strayed into our yard. Unfortunately this usually happens late at night after I've let them out to do their buisness. Nothing like trying to corral two excited hounds in freezing weather at midnight!

Ramsay and Sarah relaxing in my bed.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Since my beloved Corgiterripoo has reached the advanced age of 16 and gone completely deaf and half blind I haven't heard her bark in over a year--it would be music to my ears though. This is Margo at 14:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
^^^^^

Corgiterripoo?

She's a cutie, but we used to call them "Heinz57s" where I come from.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Originally Posted by Edwin-S

Actually my calling her a Corgiterripoo is my sarcastic little shot at "designer dogs". She's a plain old mutt, not a pound pup but I only paid $20 for her. Her dad was a purebred Welsh Corgi but her mom was a tiny, ugly, scruffy thing that looked part terrier and part miniature or even toy poodle. As a pup Margo looked like a tiny handful of bear cub. She hid behind the toilet for a couple of days and acted like a real drama queen when taken in for her first shots, hence the name Margo after the Bette Davis character in All About Eve.

Oddly her behavior has always been very true to her ancestry--she's a devoted one-person dog with a great herding instinct as evidenced by her always bossing the cat around--that's the Corgi, and a real people pleaser--that's the poodle, and until old age caught up boundless energy from the terrier. Now she's pretty much the grouchy old lady but she's entitled.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks