What's new

B&W speakers 15% off? (1 Viewer)

Peter-Ts

Auditioning
Just wanted to know if 15% off MSRP is a reasonalbe price for B&W speakers (Who wants to pay sticker price anyway). I live in the Los Angeles area and it doesn't seem like there are many authorized B&W dealers around.

Are there Authorized internet dealers out there we would offer purchases from the internet?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

LewB

Screenwriter
I believe that B&W does not allow authorized dealers to sell over the internet or thru the mail.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
B&W indeed does not allow internet sales. The only way to get B&W speakers mail-order is to purchase from an authorized dealer out of the area. B&W doesn't allow that, but occasionally a rogue dealer will sell out of his authorized territory.

15 percent off sounds decent. I would take that deal.

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Our local B & W dealer only gives 5%. They have commented that B & W frowns on discounting the product. I have to believe this as I have Klipsch and get about 25% off those and they seem to move at this same store. They only sell B & W and Klipsch in home audio. I have seen only 1 pair of B & W's move in the past one year at this store.

I originally wanted B & W but could not afford (didn't feel like I was getting a deal) at only 5% off.

george.Legeza

Stunt Coordinator
5-10% off seems about right. I recently purchased a pair of B&W DM303s for $275, which is around 9% off of the regular $300/pair price.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
In Florida, we used to have a sweet deal on B&W's. Sound Advice (owned by Tweeter) has a quarterly "private" sale where they sell speakers "buy 1, get one 50% off" which I believe comes to 25% total. But, unfortunately, they dropped B&W and now carry monitor audio.

I've been to the other store that now carries B&W and they won't budge off MSRP, so you're deal sounds pretty fair.

Aaron

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Aaron, quit rubbing it in. Everytime I see this sale going on, it makes me cringe.....;) It's such a good deal without the haggling.
Best I've got was 15% off with 10% being most common for my dealer. Other area dealers will not discount on new stock.
Bob

Arnie_A

Agent
15% for a new pair is good. I got my 601 S3's with 10% off and LCR60 S3 with 20$ off from a local authorized B&W dealer.

Gordon B

Agent
Like Aaron, I got my B&Ws at Sound Advice in Florida. I purchased the 7NTs for $1,500 at one of their preferred customer special sales; list was $2,000. Got the same percent off on the CNT. After being bought by Tweeter, sound Advice, although swearing it wouldn't sell out of its teritory,was dropped by B&W, ostensibly because Tweeter sells over the Net. The reduced prices may also have been a factor, however. Bottome line, B&W plays hardball, which is why you don't see any deals.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Gordon:

I think you hit the nail on the head. Sound Advice used to have these special sales, but wouldn't advertise them for fear of ticking off B&W. I purchased my Nautilus 804s from Sound Advice via mail-order, believe it or not. The store didn't have a policy promoting mail-order, but management looked the other way when enterprising salesmen went fishing for customers far out of their area.

I think B&W got word about what was going on and pulled the plug.

Funny. I was aware of Sound Advice and its private sales from my many business trips to Florida. Interestingly, I lost a closely contested auction on E-Bay for nearly brand new N804s. A Sound Advice salesman contacted me by e-mail after the auction offering me new 804s at that special sale price. No sales tax either. Now that's a salesman!

I never would have been able to afford these speakers if it hadn't been for that 25 percent off sale.

PomingF

Second Unit
Bjorn in San Antonio still runs the same buy one get second half off sale once every year. In fact I bet their last one in March this year ran for almost two months. They do carry Boston, Klipsch, Phase Tech, Def Tech, M&K besides B&W. Of course there's always Bose. :)
PF

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
IMHO you should just pay whatever you are going to pay because you like the speakers. If you didn't you wouldn't be passing up on them because of no discount. Otherwise I think you didn't like them to begin with enough. Price shouldn't be an issue if you love the sound.

If it matters my local dealer of B&W does discount but not much. Then again I haven't spent anything with them yet so I have no bargaining room to begin with.

RajeeK

Second Unit
I got my entire CDM set from Sound Factor in Pasadena, CA. I finally haggled them down to 20% off for the entire line. They are nice and were very friendly. You should be able to get at least 15% off from them if you are making a big purchase.

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
Getting 15% shouldn't be a problem. I bought my 602 S3's from Sounds of Music in Calgary for 20% off. I didn't even have to try to get it that low. Of course, it helps when they are two stores competing for my business. :D

Carson E

Agent
15%...Go for it.
I got 20% off on a 5 piece setup (4-604S3s & LCR-600S3)but on the opposite coast. If I had got only 15% I would only have had to pay $33. more per speaker. And they were what I wanted.
Got 'em wired up yet? :)

Peter-Ts

Auditioning
The front 3 speakers are out of stock (LCR-60 S3). So far with the two surround (600 S3s) + sub (ASW 600), i am already enjoying the clarity from these speakers. The sub is pretty awesome.

The rest should be on its way in about a week or so.

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Anyone around Raleigh, NC know of a deal to be had on B&W's? My local dealer will only sell at list price, no price break. They're the big dog in town and really don't have any high-end competition.

I'd be willing to drive a little ways for a better deal. Anyone?

Brae

Supporting Actor
You know, this thread could apply word-for-word to Paradigm also, regarding discounting, Internet sales, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks