What's new

Avengers: Infinity War -- Spoilers Thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I might be able to admit that the ending was unsatisfying - I said as much when I first saw it, that it lacked an ending we could be happy with (yes, I know Thanos was happy with the ending, but we weren't rooting for him).

But I could never see how the ending was devoid of emotion. Rocket rushing to Groot as he disappears (and we know from James Gunn, Groot's last words were "Dad...?"), Peter nervously falling into Tony's arms and fading away, the look on Tony's face after that, Okoye's look of despair as T'Challa fades away (her eyes said "My king!"), Cap laying down, defeated, saying "oh God." And then, Thanos, first with the child Gamora, telling her it cost "everything," and then alone, watching the sunrise. Anything but devoid of emotion.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I might be able to admit that the ending was unsatisfying - I said as much when I first saw it, that it lacked an ending we could be happy with (yes, I know Thanos was happy with the ending, but we weren't rooting for him).

But I could never see how the ending was devoid of emotion. Rocket rushing to Groot as he disappears (and we know from James Gunn, Groot's last words were "Dad...?"), Peter nervously falling into Tony's arms and fading away, the look on Tony's face after that, Okoye's look of despair as T'Challa fades away (her eyes said "My king!"), Cap laying down, defeated, saying "oh God." And then, Thanos, first with the child Gamora, telling her it cost "everything," and then alone, watching the sunrise. Anything but devoid of emotion.
Ok. You convinced me Sam. Perhaps devoid of emotion was a bit harsh as I did feel something during those scenes.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think it was emotional because the characters believed the deaths were permanent. They don't yet know that there will be a way to reverse this fiasco. So even though we know there's going to be other movies, in the moment for the story, it still hit the characters (who aren't anymore used to losing than we are to watching them lose) like a ton of bricks to have their friends die in front of them, and to know that their loss meant so much death across the universe.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Ok. You convinced me Sam. Perhaps devoid of emotion was a bit harsh as I did feel something during those scenes.

20F1861A-51CB-485A-B63F-82E81F2C6C70.gif

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
"I told Thanos that if he kept following The Asteroid Diet, he was going to turn an unhealthy shade of purple, go mad, and try to kill half the Universe. But did he listen? No …"

"Now I can't even collect on his Purple Cross Purple Shield insurance. They said something incoherent about half of their staff being dusted …"

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The Russo’s brothers were at a screening of Infinity War last week and had a two hour discussion/ Q&A following the showing hosted by Collider.

I haven’t had a chance to watch yet. Wish this were posted at the beginning of the weekend. But here it is:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
What happened to him?

Never mind. Keep forgetting what would kill a regular person, doesn’t kill a super villain. And if you don’t see their body disintegrated to a powder, he’s likely not dead.

He was “beamed” up into the cosmos by the Tesseract (space stone). The same visual effect was used when Thor and Loki used the Tesseract to transport back to Asgard at the end of the Avengers.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Couldn’t there be an alternate // universe where all the people and super heros who disappeared live and to them the people who were left in our universe disappeared?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Couldn’t there be an alternate // universe where all the people and super heros who disappeared live and to them the people who were left in our universe disappeared?

This is the current theory making the rounds... that the people who "survived" are the actually the ones who disappeared.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks