What's new

Austin Movie Nights! (1 Viewer)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Well "Game Night" turned out to be a fun idea, but at some point I would like to see how the X-Box looks on a big screen.

Naturally it was the 12yr old who was the best gamer in the group, but Greg Risley was a close 2nd. Of all the games, the most entertaining to me was Grand Theft Auto 3, but for simulations, both Air Combat 4 and Gran Turismo 3 were my favortites. For those that attended or familiar with PS2 games, what are your favorites?

Greg Risley

Second Unit
Thanks Nils I had a lot of fun. It was nice to see the way you have changed your room around and to see I'm not the only one who can't stop tinkering with my room. Tell your wife thanks for allowing us goofbals in to your house and you have a beautiful baby.

Greg

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
See, this is why it pays to speak up quickly...
Jackie Brown it is.
Showtime: Friday 7pm
Max Seats: 10
RSVP for directions: Nils Luehrmann

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
For those that RSVPed, if I hadn't already given you directions and you need them, please let me know.
BTW: If those attending are interested, I have a few DVDs featuring Link Removed, star of Jackie Brown, during her famous run in blaxploitation films of the 70's.
The three tittles I have are Link Removed, Link Removed, and Link Removed.
At the very least I'll play the trailers to get the ball rolling before we start the main feature - Link Removed

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Well, unfortunately I had a bunch of cancellations on Friday so only Colin came by for Movie Night.
We debated watching Jackie Brown any way, but enough of the Regrets voiced that they would like to reschedule the screening so we decided to put it off for now.
Now when I found out that Colin had never seen Pam Grier in her earlier "work", I felt obligated as a man to show Colin some "noteworthy" scenes from Link Removed, Link Removed, and Link Removed. In addition, the Jackie Brown CE DVD includes trailers for almost all the movies with Pam Grier in them, so Colin definitely got a good idea why Pam has made such a "large" impression on so many. :D
After that, it was already 10pm so we decided instead of a movie we would pick up where we left off during the Game Night meet, and have some classic race car duels ala Gran Turismo 3 (Rally Tracks), and NASCAR Heat 2002 for which Colin finished by taking the points lead with an amazing last lap effort on his home field (Texas Motor Speedway).
Colin,
Enjoyed the competition, and certainly the visual retrospective of Pam's greater ass-ets! :D
If the regrets can't commit to another time for a screening of Jackie Brown, I'll just lend you the DVD.
Speaking of which.... ok... so of those interested in seeing this movie, speak up with an idea when you would like to set a date and time.

Ian B

Stunt Coordinator
Just came accross your post by accident and was happily amazed that there was such a group in Austin. Is there any room still left for this Friday? I sure would like to join you guys.

Let me know,

Ian B

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
OK, I got the go ahead from the Mrs. for rescheduleing "Jackie Brown" for this Friday night at 7pm.
So far I have Hank, Jonathon, Ian (new guy), most likely Colin?, am I missing anyone else?
I think everyone but Ian knows how to get here, so Ian, send me an email at [email protected] and I'll get you directions. Roughly speaking though, I live in North West Austin just West of 360 off 2222.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed movie night last night! Jackie Brown makes for a fun group movie watching experience.
Hey Sylvester... (oops, I mean Hank) ;)
You forgot to leave with the "eye candy" DVDs. Just call me and arrange a time to swing by and pick them up.
BTW: You won major brownie points with the Mrs. for the African Violet - very nice touch Mr. Casanova! ;)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Nils, thanks for hosting. Remember your post that bringing flowers for the Mrs is a requirement for attending events at your house? Well, I took heed. It's always best to keep the brownie point count fairly high. Yes, I need to borrow those early Pam Grier nature films from you. BTW, need any more "help" hanging your screen masks?

Ian B

Stunt Coordinator
Nils:

Thanks for the great time last Friday. Liked the movie so much I picked it up over the weekend. Sorry it took so long to thank you but, we are having a major software problem at work and have been working like a dog. Hope to see you guys on the next movie night. Eventually movie night will make its way to my apartment for everyone to come. Hope you liked the TGIF quesadillas I brought.

Ian B.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
My pleasure Ian, Linda and I prefer watching movies with a group so you are welcome back any time you wish.
PS: Unfortuneately the quesadilla rolls got left in the oven... :frowning:

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member

OK Football Fans! The NFL's 1st Thursday Night Opening Season Game is tomorrow night, so anyone interested in watching it over at the Luehrmann Miniplex, give me a call or send me email.
Kickoff is 7:30pm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks