What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Atari to reissue games for Xbox/PS2.... (1 Viewer)

A

Andrew_A_Paul

Intellivision has already release a disc on Xbox. A lot of games on it. My mom bought it so now everytime i got home i have to pack up my xbox :rolleyes. She complains about all the buttons. My dad plays it a bit too, i dont remember too many of the games, but the big ones i remember playing: shark shark, night stalker, battle tanks (?). There are ton of sports games also. All in all its a pretty good time if you have someone else to play with.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Andrew,

Nice Sig quotes! That Kool-Aid moment in the first episode locked me into that show instantly.

Geo

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member

That was a real WTF moment for me, I had to ask an American friend to explain it to me because we don't have Kool-Aid over here. :)

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
This is cool news. I will be getting the Atari Anthology for my PS2. I love the old games. I also own the other old school game collections for PS2 which are:

Intellivision Lives
Activision Anthology
Midway Arcade Treasures
Namco Museum

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I got the Xbox version this week.

For those with HDTVs, the game is even in 1080i!

"Adventure" is still a blast to play.

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
Any idea if any of these releases has Seaquest on it? Loved that game with the little yellow sub blast to play.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

"Seaquest" comes in the Activision Anthology (PS2)
only.

Here is a link to the list of games in the Atari Anthology.

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
Woohoo thanks. I just notice that it is even out on Gameboy Advanced and that version has seaquest too! Just made a note now to remind myself to be on the lookout for it thanks again.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Anyone know why this hasn't been released for the Xbox? I would certainly buy it if it were released. I love the old Activision games.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Got this two days ago and overall I am pleased with it, maybe not as pleased as I was with Activision Anthology or Midway Arcade Treasures 2 but it has some very fun moments in it and was worth $20 for the nice nostalgia trip.

It's a shame the rights couldn't have been worked out for some titles I rather liked on the 2600 "back in the day" such as Raiders Of The Lost Ark or Mrs. Pac Man but over all it is a good compilation for the money and personally I found the bonus interviews with Nolan Bushnell to be fascinating.

P.S. GOD turn off those damn cabinet overlays if you want to have any playability with the arcade titles!:rolleyes::angry: ;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
BTW on the disc there is a partially hidden unreleased game demo that is interesting to try for a few minutes, on the menu of Tempest arcade (still a blast to play for hours & hours IMO) go into the bonus section and scroll through the pictures, at the end of it you will see a box cover for the unreleased 2600 version of Tempest and if you keep scrolling along there is a playable 2600 prototype version of the first level...it is easy to see why they canceled the project before completing any other levels.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Wow, I totally missed out on this!!

How well does it emulate paddle games?

Also, with the intelevision set, how does it use the 9 button number pad? It was crucial for games like boxing.

I have an X-Box.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
How well does it emulate paddle games? Not well at all....I wish you could somehow use a mouse as that would be much better then a DS2 controller, if you have ever tried to play Kaboom from the Activision Anthology then you pretty much know how well the paddle games from this set play on the X-Box or PS2.
It's a shame really as I have some very nice memories of playing games such as Warlords, Night Driver, Fireball(from the Starpath peripheral....remember that? The games came on cassette tape.) or Super Breakout but as it is these games are frustrating at best....unless someone somehow comes up with a new paddle controller to go along with this glut of retro game compilations that have been coming out recently.

Speaking of Starpath I wish it were possible to make a compilation of third party games made for the 2600 such as some of the really good ones from Dataage, U.S. Games, 20th Century Fox, Parker Brothers, Spectravision, Xonox (remember those? they were double sided cartridges with two different games on each side.), Avalon Hill, Tigervision and how about some of the great games made for the 5600 & 7800?
For that matter who here would buy a compilation of some of the great games made for the Colecovision?

Mind you I have most of these games on my PC using various emulators but to be able to play them while stretched out on a couch would bring me back so far that I am sure I would break out with pimples again!;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

All of the SwordQuest titles that were released back in 1982 are on this disc including Earthworld, Fireworld & Waterworld. I think you are mistaking those titles for something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks