What's new

At Long Last Love - coming soon? (1 Viewer)

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Just found that At Long Last Love has been listed on Amazon for a June 4th release. Wasn't this supposed to be an exclusive release for either Twilight Time or Screen Archives?

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Very unusual for a Twilight Time release to get an Amazon pre-order listing. Maybe this will now be a regular release??

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I'm thinking this will be a regular release and that the planned exclusive release fell through. Notice that unlike other Twilight Time releases, this is being sold directly from Amazon.com instead of TT's separate Amazon marketplace account and at a price much cheaper than what was announced for the planned Twilight Time/SAE exclusive, $17.49 w/ free shipping vs $24.99 + $3 shipping.

Thanks for the heads-up, I just preordered through Amazon.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
253774_573291889356148_1698200292_n_zps71c02d25.jpg

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
At long last. I'll have a double feature with this and Lost Horizon.Will there still be an isolated score?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Glad to know there are still plans for its release. When the Screen Archives deal fell through, I was afraid we'd never get it.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Just a heads-up that Fox will be making an official announcement very soon about this title. TT handled all the production duties on ALLL (so there is an isolated score), and the studio subsequently decided on a slightly wider roll-out than was initially planned, to tie-in with some Cole Porter-related events. Good news for the fans of this film, and those yet to see it for the first time.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Twilight Time said:
Just a heads-up that Fox will be making an official announcement very soon about this title. TT handled all the production duties on ALLL (so there is an isolated score), and the studio subsequently decided on a slightly wider roll-out than was initially planned, to tie-in with some Cole Porter-related events. Good news for the fans of this film, and those yet to see it for the first time.
You said from the start that Twlight was only doing production for this title and was to be an unlimited Fox release through you. Figured something like this was up when it was delayed. Glad to here good news on this title. Thank you for the information. Your always a top notch company.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Twilight Time said:
Regardless of what I end up thinking of the film once I see it, I hope it sells well. It can only raise the bar for other catalog titles.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
MatthewA said:
Regardless of what I end up thinking of the film once I see it, I hope it sells well. It can only raise the bar for other catalog titles.
Yep, if it does perhaps Sony will take notice and give us 1776.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Twilight Time said:
Thanks for the head-up. It certainly does answer my question about the status of its release.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
YAAAAAAAAAYYYY!! I was getting so worried about this. It's coming out right after my birthday so what a great present!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I'm wondering what Cybill, Burt and Eileen Brennan's thoughts about this release would be... and of course Peter's... I'm dying to finally see the movie.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
ahollis said:
Yep, if it does perhaps Sony will take notice and give us 1776.
Not to derail this thread, but if people want to see a 1776 BD, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to vote with your dollars - go purchase the HD version of the film on iTunes, which looks pretty great, and show Sony what the demand is for the film.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Didn't someone say this is the phantom studio editor's cut with just a few tweaks from PB (so it's a cut nobody has seen before, but close to what was going out to TV recently and what's on Netflix)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Moe Dickstein said:
Didn't someone say this is the phantom studio editor's cut with just a few tweaks from PB (so it's a cut nobody has seen before, but close to what was going out to TV recently and what's on Netflix)
Hmmm...I can live with that (though I'd really love that Eileen Brennan number at least as a deleted extra and maybe Mildred Natwick's "Kate the Great" which has never made it to ANY cut that I'm aware of, but I won't bitch either way because I never really expected this on blu at all and will be just happy to have it at all)

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Ordered my copies of this yesterday at Amazon...while it's still not showing a shipping date yet, if the thread's info is reliable, June 4th can't come soon enough for me...been waiting years for a decent home theater presentation of this and the fact that it's a 4k image harvest by Sony's Grover Crisp and his crew gives me considerable encouragement as to the quality of the picture and sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks