What's new

Ascendant Audio closeout (1 Viewer)

meeks

Agent
It apears that Ascendant is getting rid of their XBL^2 drivers & are cutting prices. Check it out. On that note, does anyone think a PPI 500w amp is enough for a Avalanche12 in a sealed box?

..:: Pricing ::..
The price for the remaining subwoofers will be as follows:

Atlas 12 - $145 $100

Atlas 15 - $160 $105

Avalanche 12 - $280 $200

Avalanche 15 - $299 $225

Avalanche 18 - $399 $275

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
815-477-2423
They are only taking phone orders. If it's busy keep calling. It took me five trys to get through. Talked to Chad and ordered a pair of Atlas 12's.

-Robert

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Wow, what prompted this, was it really just the one statement by Dan? Or have Chad and company been busy working on their new motor technology all along and it's convenient to replace XBL with it?

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
Shhh I can't order mine for another hour don't take them all :)

If you go to their website you can read the whole story. But they are up in arms about this statement made by the owner of Adire.

"You even presume that other XBL^2 drivers are equivalent to ours... Ever done some objective measurements to back that up? I have, and many OEMs have, and I can tell you that just because it says XBL^2 does not mean it's equal to all other XBL^2 drivers..."

I don't know what the context is of this statement or even if Ascendant was involved earlier. I tried googling parts of the statement to find the orriginal article but couldn't.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
Whew, I can't believe it! For a few months now I've been considering an IB subwoofer and I always thought that while the AE IB15's are the budget champions, the Atlas 15's are just so much cooler. XBL2, impossible to bottom, and choose-your-impedence (with limited power handling on the 2 ohm coils). But I couldn't justify spending 60% more.

This was just the deal to push me over the edge - I'm 4 Atlas's richer and $485 poorer.

Here's to the last subwoofer upgrade I'll ever get.

RandyMathis

Stunt Coordinator
Three weeks too late. I ordered my 4 AE IB15's three weeks ago. Still don't have them and now this. :frowning:

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
That makes sense, I'm glad it's not such a big deal in reality. Dan's post on the Sound Illusions forum place explains it perfectly. I just had the feeling it was a big problem after reading the posting on the Ascendant page. It seems they've had their new design in the works anyway so it doesn't matter. Progress will march on there and at Adire...

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
From all the posts I've read from Dan Wiggins...imho, he's a stand up type of guy.

Kudos for not only setting the record straight but also handling it in a very professional manner.

Now on to the other......If they aren't gone...those are some crazy prices on the 18 inchers..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks