What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
James L. Brooks’ study of three very different characters, As Good As It Gets, arrives on 4K UHD Blu-ray as part of Sony’s 6-film Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection, Volume 3.

As Good as It Gets (1997)

Released: 25 Dec 1997
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 139 min

Director: James L. Brooks
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

Cast: Jack Nicholson, Helen Hunt, Greg Kinnear
Writer(s): Mark Andrus, James L. Brooks

Plot: A single mother and waitress, a misanthropic author, and a gay artist form an unlikely friendship after the artist is assaulted in a robbery.

IMDB rating: 7.7
MetaScore: 67

Disc Information

Studio: Sony
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Could never understand how this movie made the Oscar Best Picture nomination along side Titanic and L.A. Confidential (which ought to have been the real winner, IMO).

Lest we forget, 1997 was the year of My Best Friend's Wedding, The Fifth Element, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Contact, The Game, and Breakdown. Never warmed to Greg Kinnear and Helen Hunt, in this flick, didn't click as the rom/com interest to Nicholson's perversely reclusive/compulsive problem child.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
This film was the reason I bought this bundle, so naturally this was the first disc I watched. Pleased with the video, absolutely love the film.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Easily my favorite James L. Brooks film, and that’s saying something given the high quality of his output.

For years, my family had a “The Quotable Melvin Udall” sheet on our fridge with all of his unforgettable zingers.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Lest we forget, 1997 was the year of My Best Friend's Wedding, The Fifth Element, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Contact, The Game, and Breakdown.
Are you suggesting those films were more worthy of a nomination? If so I strongly disagree as those films range from mediocre to good imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks