What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Robert Benton’s Kramer vs Kramer makes its 4K debut as part of Sony’s Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection Volume 4.

Kramer vs. Kramer (1979)

Released: 19 Dec 1979
Rated: PG
Runtime: 105 min

Director: Robert Benton
Genre: Drama

Cast: Dustin Hoffman, Meryl Streep, Jane Alexander
Writer(s): Avery Corman, Robert Benton, Meryl Streep

Plot: After his wife leaves him, a work-obsessed Manhattan advertising executive is forced to learn long-neglected parenting skills, but a heated custody battle over the couple's young son deepens the wounds left by the separation.

IMDB rating: 7.8
MetaScore: 77

Disc Information

Studio: Sony
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

MovieMan66

Grip
Real Name
Jay
Jennine Lanouette's audio commentary was, easily, one of the top 5 worst I've ever heard. Her input was almost totally useless, providing basically no information about the production itself, limiting her commentary to the screenplay only, which she over-praised throughout. And, with all of the periods of silence on her track, she probably doesn't even talk for half the film (which, given what she had to say, is probably not a bad thing).

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Jennine Lanouette's audio commentary was, easily, one of the top 5 worst I've ever heard. Her input was almost totally useless, providing basically no information about the production itself, limiting her commentary to the screenplay only, which she over-praised throughout. And, with all of the periods of silence on her track, she probably doesn't even talk for half the film (which, given what she had to say, is probably not a bad thing).

Which leads me to wonder, why do some who give audio commentaries many a time say the wrong things, or hardly speak at all?

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
Which leads me to wonder, why do some who give audio commentaries many a time say the wrong things, or hardly speak at all?
Makes me wonder-why keep hiring them? I would have loved a comprehensive review of the production including the screenplay. Benton was Widely praised at the time as a dirctor but has fallen out of favor which is too bad. His films are still quite good.

Last edited:

MovieMan66

Grip
Real Name
Jay
Not to be too mean to Ms. Lanouette, there is one other aspect of her commentary that I neglected to mention in my initial post: she needs to have her eyesight checked. In her commentary during the scene where Kramer opens the apartment door to bring in the newspaper while Justin Henry dole's out the doughnuts for breakfast, she tells us that it has to be a Sunday, because the newspaper is, according to her, a Sunday edition. If that is a Sunday New York Times then I'm (to quote James Caan in "Thief") a jet airplane pilot!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Not to be too mean to Ms. Lanouette, there is one other aspect of her commentary that I neglected to mention in my initial post: she needs to have her eyesight checked. In her commentary during the scene where Kramer opens the apartment door to bring in the newspaper while Justin Henry dole's out the doughnuts for breakfast, she tells us that it has to be a Sunday, because the newspaper is, according to her, a Sunday edition. If that is a Sunday New York Times then I'm (to quote James Caan in "Thief") a jet airplane pilot!

Is the dateline shown in any detail on the paper's front page to determine if it is indeed a Sunday paper?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks