What's new

Arrgh! Missed WHV Chat. B5 Info? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Had to work late tonight, and logged in just as everyone was saying "thank you" to the folks from Warner Bros. and Ron was closing out the chat. Assumed someone asked about Babylon 5. What did they have to say?
Thanks,
Joe

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
in the second round of questions:
[MichaelSliger] Could you clarify the current Babylon 5 situation? Has any work been started on DVDs for the Season 1 episodes? If not, will sales of the In The Beginning/The Gathering disk dictate if that work will be started? Also, can we expect to see significant media promotion of the December disk in appropriate places (SF magazines and websites) to ensure maximum sales figures?
[MichaelSliger] DONE
[Warner] We will evaluate the first release's reception and hope it's great. Because if the DVD performance does not improve upon the VHS performance from a few years back, it will not continue. So please support Release #1.
which was almost my question (I was in the same round)
so I changed mine pretty much to a statement
[NigelMcN] sorry MichaelSliger already asked my question. however I would just like Warner to note that many of us believe (rightly or wrongly) the Babyon 5 VHS sold badly due to an early announcement of it on DVD. done
[Warner] We didn't announce it on DVD. Someone else must have. DONE
*edit* had to change the brackets cos the msg board thought it was meant to html
[Edited last by Nigel McN on October 16, 2001 at 11:29 PM]

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
The one and ONLY reason I never bought the series on LD was SPECIFICALLY because I was waiting for the DVD, which I thought would be imminent in '97. *sigh*.
Mike

Rob T

Screenwriter
damn I missed it too. I got all wrapped up in Smallville and completely forgot about it.
frown.gif

I'll be sure to read the transcript tomorrow. I hope someone commented on how terrible those snapper cases are. That's what I wanted to talk about with them. lol
[Edited last by Rob T on October 16, 2001 at 11:33 PM]

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Do you guys have any plans on switching over to Alpha cases, or are we stuck with Snappers??
Thanks, Done
The Snappers will remain for a while. Check out CITIZEN KANE, DOCTOR ZHIVAGO and other event titles, though. DONE
a couple of others made comments about snappers as extra parts to their main question.

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know about anyone else, but I hesistate to start buying season collections of something when the studio isn't even committed to releasing all of them...I mean, how crappy would it be to buy like 3 seasons and then have them quit releasing the sets?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Well, despite my rant :) a while back, looks like I'll be buying the first release in the fervent hope that the series will be forthcoming. ( God it is going to suck if that is all that is ever released to DVD. )
- Walter.
patriot.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks