Are these good surround speakers?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by JedW, Apr 23, 2003.

1. JedW

JedW Agent

Hey everyone,

Let me start off by saying this forum is a great learnig tool and seems to be full of good people. Now on to the question... I am upgrading the old cheap Dolyby pro logic system in the next couple of months and I was interested in getting some dipole surrounds. A salesman recommended the Paradigm dipoles(see picture) Cinema series adp and after a listen, I liked them myself. However, this was in thier super listing room and I didn't listen to any other brands yet. So I was wondering If anybody has any suggestions on other brands or experiences with this speaker. They wanted $270 a pair for them. Is that a good price? Any info will be much appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray Second Unit

3. JedW

JedW Agent

Thanks for your reply. However I went back and looked at the paperwork that the guy gave me and I was mistaken on the speaker. I listened to that one, but he priced me a different on ADP-70. I looked it up on the net and it didn't get glowing reviews. I then stumbled upon wharfedale wh-2 speakers. They look really good and the price is much more appealing at 100 bucks or so for a pair.[​IMG]

Does Anybody have any experience with these?

4. Mat_M

Mat_M Stunt Coordinator

People can tell how much they love or dislike a speaker, but ya just have to listen to them yourself.[​IMG] The hardest thing to do is have patience when looking for speakers because we all get the feeling to act on impulse and get the coolest looking thing, or best priced item we see. But the smartest thing to do is get out there and audition them yourself.