What's new

Are there any televisions with built-in DLNA (that actually works)? (1 Viewer)

flaminio

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Flaminio
I'm looking to buy a new HDTV in the next few weeks, and I would like to have one that can stream content from a NAS via DLNA. I have not yet purchased the NAS either, but am leaning heavily towards Synology for this. Actually, it doesn't *have* to be DLNA -- any tech that accomplishes the goal of displaying content over the network without any additional devices would be welcome. My current "solution" is to have a DLNA server running on my computer (PS3 Media Server), and having a WDTV pick up the content from there and display on the screen. This works OK, but involves twice as many devices as I think it should. Any recommendations?

flaminio

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Flaminio
Closing out the thread, I ended up buying a Samsung UN55D7000. The "AllShare" that's built into the Smart Hub does DLNA just fine, albeit not very prettily. But it plays all my content just fine, and that's the most important thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks