mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Official announcement of it:
http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/fxs-archer-renewed-for-fifth-season/
Several weeks into Archer‘s fourth season, FX has ordered a 13-episode fifth season of the animated comedy series, created by Adam Reed and Floyd County Prods and executive produced by Reed and Matthew Thompson. The network also announced that Archer will be submitted into the best comedy series Emmy category this year, a transition very few animated series — most recently Family Guy — have made. “Archer is one the very best comedy series on television,” FX’s EVP Nick Grad said. Season 4 of Archer wraps April 11. When notified of the Season 5 pickup, Reed said, “Thank God.” When Reed notified Thompson, Thompson replied, “Called it.”
Archer has posted dramatic ratings growth every year. So far in 2013, it ranks as cable’s No. 2 series in delivery of men 18-34 behind The Walking Dead, and it has ranked as television’s No. 1 program in that demo in the Thursday 10 PM time period in four of the past six weeks (Live+Same Day). Through four episodes this season, Archer is posting gains of +44% in adults 18-34 and +36% in adults 18-49 compared to its Season 3 average. First-run episodes are averaging 2.37 million total viewers, 2.01 million adults 18-49, and 1.41 million adults 18-34 (Live+7). Compared with the first season, Season 4 has increased its audience by +92% in total viewers, +129% in adults 18-34, +159% in men 18-34, +128% in adults 18-49, and +160% in men 18-49 (Live+7). Archer is produced by FX Prods.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The entire concept of "Bastard Chef" had me laughing out loud.. was that Anthony Bourdain? Sounded like, but haven't checked.. anyway, the entire episode killed me.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, it was Anthony. Very funny episode, and the idea that Isis was hired so Mallory could get a reservation - priceless.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Any episode that can make fun of reality TV, cast Anthony Bourdain in a perfect role, AND have Cheryl doing her hoity-toity voice again is hall-of-fame stuff for me. I thought it was the funniest episode of the season so far.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
PHRASING! About choked tonight laughing so hard. One of the funniest episodes of the season to me, from beginning to end we had so many great jokes; just every time they turned around jokes were moving so fast that it just laid me on the ground; Sterling's racial jokes were wildly offensive and yet killed me every time "How can you not already have that radio hooked up?" :) Everything about the vet "doctor" "Feline AIDS" "barn full of dead horses" The Helicopter exchange with the border patrol. Was dying tonight.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The entire dog rescue had me rolling. Plus, the concept of Pam as a special agent. Since we missed covering last week's, it went really hand in hand with the entire building Rescue and reconsideration of Sterling there as a great special agent.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yep, lots of hearty laughs with this week's show. As crazy as he makes her, Lana and Sterling are such a hilarious duo.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
mattCR said:
The entire dog rescue had me rolling. Plus, the concept of Pam as a special agent. Since we missed covering last week's, it went really hand in hand with the entire building Rescue and reconsideration of Sterling there as a great special agent.
Pam kind of reminds me of Crystal from "Dad Like Me"

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Matt Hough said:
This season has really been one for the books. I really look forward to it every week.
I couldn't agree more. This has been one of the best seasons... funny as hell stuff.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Tonight's Pope assassination storyline had some great moments.. Pam learning the language on the plane, the setup of who did it, the assumption that Isis would fail.. the first five minutes of "Jesus! Oh I hope he didn't hear that!" jokes.

This season has been fantastic, some really great stuff. While this won't work with everyone, the jokes about "Lucy, Daughter of the Devil" really cracked me up since I loved that series (Vampire Altar boys as an episode is one of those things that kills me every time).

They do this every so often in this series, but the animation style they use during chase scenes, etc. is really unique and I love the look of it, it's very different from almost anything else.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
They have just topped themselves. Being confronted with Captain Murphy in an underwater sealab who is holding the world hostage...

Outside of that the entire storyline of trying to rip off Cheryl's fortune and Isis trying to ransom off a nuke, great stuff.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
And we got two voice actors from Bob's Burgers Kristen Shaal and Eugene Mirman. And a great nickname, Heratio Cornblower.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

This entire setup kills me. This season we've had references to Lucy, Daughter of the Devil and now we get a set of episodes that take place on Sealab.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Not a lot of huge laughs, but several good ones. A lot of surprises though; Lana as pregnant is a hell of a bombshell going into the next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks