What's new

Question about "Theater of Blood" Blu-ray releases (1 Viewer)

PianoPlayer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
In 2016 I bought Twilight Time's Blu-release of Vincent Price classic Theater of Blood. The picture was so-so quality -- watchable, but far from great.

Does anyone know if the more recent release by KL Studio Classics used a better master? One review would seem to indicate so.

I'm confused, because there's also a Blu-ray release by Arrow and another one by Archer -- or perhaps some of these are the same?

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
As a Twilight Time owner as well, I'm also curious about this. At least the TT release has the isolated score which never seems to transfer to the newer editions that are put out.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I have both the TT & The Arrow and it's the same master. I can't speak for the other, later issues, but Kino mentions when they pay for a new scan, and in this case, they didn't, so I would be surprised if it wasn't the same.

octobercountry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fred
Picture quality of Arrow, Kino, and Twilight Time would appear to be identical, according to caps-a-holic. So, only difference would be between the extras---for instance, each of these discs has an exclusive commentary---a fan would have to buy all three to hear all the available commentary tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks