What's new

Anyone see David Letterman last night? 9/24/08 (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Any time a guest is unprofessional, it gets up Dave's ire. Remember Madonna, when she used foul language? Or when Crispin Glover was tripping? If a guest messes up, he calls them on it, and its often a delight to see.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm kind of surprised that I didn't see much, if any, mention of it in the media. One short comment on The View, but then I've been out in meetings all afternoon and early evening, so maybe I missed it.

And to add to Will, Dave can be very charming and contrite as he was with Paris Hilton after he gave her such a hard time about her jail stay. And he finally got Oprah on his show recently and they've become very good fast friends it looks like.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I used to watch Dave nightly and for about 20 years he was the funniest guy in late night, but over the past few years his show has gone seriously downhill(and I'm not referring to anything political in this assessment). I don't know if it's his writers or the fact that he's getting older, but it just seems like he's been phoning it in for quite some time now. It's the same stuff every night(Great Moments in Presidential Speeches, Fun Facts, Will it Float, Top Ten List, etc) and it's just not funny anymore. He still has his moments from time to time, but I miss the old Dave that really used to put on a great show every night. Now I find myself enjoying Conan as much as I used to enjoy Dave because he has a very talented writing staff and he's just naturally funny as hell.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I did end up watching it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was thinking it would be based on there being a thread about it.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I have seen Dave latch on to things before. That is the problem with his "Style". He seems to latch on to something and not let it go. When he does this, it starts off funny, but pretty soon I find myself thinking that I wish he would just drop it and move on.

I am not talking about just this particular time. Just in general.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Their is an article in todays NY Post that talked about how upset the CBS News division was that the Late Show took off-air live feed of McCain without permission.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

He was funny and relevant a lot more recently than 20 years ago, but as I said before the past 4-5 years he's definitely just been cashing the check. It's too bad because when he was at the top of his game there was nobody better except for Johnny Carson.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Try 4 or 5 as I previously stated. He's been funny a lot more recently than you give him credit for, but that doesn't change the fact that his show basically sucks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks