What's new
World Wide Stereo

anyone know where I can pick up replacement colour filters for AVIA? (1 Viewer)

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
my dog got ahold on my coloured filters that were on the coffee table..is there anywhere I can get replacements? would a crafts store has something that I could use and be accurate? thank you in advance..

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Parisis

Agent
Not sure but I think there are plastic sheet photographic filters that might do the trick. Bring your mangled filters to a good photo shop.

You gotta love your Dog! Mine ate a chair once.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Give Ovation software a call they will send you a replacement.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
What about a cracked disc? For some reason or other, my Avia disc has developed cracks around the hub :frowning: still playable, for now.

Slightly OT, but can I use Avia in calibrating a plasma? On a CRT, one uses the needle-steps pattern to set contrast, with blooming being over the limit, but there's no blooming on a plasma, nor is there distortion of the two vertical lines on the side due to voltage problems. The instructions say setting contrast where the white portion looks white and not gray, but this is hard to determine objectively; also, at the level where the white part does indeed look white and not gray at all, when watching regular material (rather than the test pattern), contrast actually seems too high and the picture appears washed out, and I had to dial it back a bit.

Is there a newer test disc (whether Avia or VE) designed for use on plasmas?

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
yee-ming..my one friend has the exact same thing as you..it's cracked around the hub..i think it has to do with the spindle that the dvd pushes onto..at least that's what it seemed like on his disk..

thanks to all who responded to this thread..I will call ovation and see if they can send me some new filters..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks