What's new

Anyone have JBL E series? opinions? (1 Viewer)

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
Looking at E80's, EC35 and a pair of N24's for surrounds for $600. I liked them at best buy when I listened to them. Anything else out there for $600 for 5 speakers that I should look at? thanks

Jason

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
In my search I really didn't come across too many discussions honestly. I guess I was more curious on others thoughts on what else they would consider for $600for 5 speakers? Any other opinions on what would be some other options?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Soudns like a very good setup but one minor thing. Why not go w/ the E10s as surroudns? They look alot better in my opinion and they seem like they'd be easier to mount (flush) using just a picture hanger and the key-hole mount that's built into the speaker. The N24 would have more substantial mounting hardware but really doesn't look as good as the E10 flush mounted. The E10 looks alot more like a smaller version of the kind of speaker you would see in an actual Theater, a look i really like. The E10 is also voice-matched to the rest of the E-series. While the N24 shares the same or very similar tweeter to the E series it's not going to be as closely matched to your other speakers. At $90 a pair for the E10s you probably won't find a better deal on the N24s anywhere either.

Any particular reason you picked the N24s over the E10s to begin with?

I was considering the JBL E series (E100s, EC35, E10, E250P) but came across the Acoustech line by BIC. I have been extremely happy with it as have others that were lucky enough to get their hands on the package.

It costs $700 for 5 speakers and a sub. I love the horn sound, YMMV. Check your local Costco to see if they have any in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks