What's new

Anyone have a Sony GrandWega60" and Monsters Inc? (1 Viewer)

Cris K

Agent
The case says that this movie is 1.85:1 and from what I have read in my search, it seems that nobody has noticed otherwise. However, when I came home the other night, my wife was watching it and it filled the frame(no mattes).

I would swear that I watched something else recently that was 1.85 and I could still see a tiny matte at the top and bottom of the screen.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does a 1.85 picture fill up the frame on this TV? Is there that much overscan? It's no biggie to me, just curious...

-cris

edit: oh! and yes I did cycle through the zoom settings to make sure we were in "full" and not any of the zoom modes.

Cris K

Agent
dang....nobody?

How about any 16x9 set? Do you usually see the bars on 1.85 movies?

-cris

John-Miles

Screenwriter
yeah your overscan might have eaten up the bars, and maybe the movie isn't exactly 1:85 but they said that cause people are familiar with that instead of saying somethign like 1:80 I dont know im guessing

Cris K

Agent
thanks...
I just watched Gremlins last night and same thing: no bars.

Perhaps the other movie I watched (can't remember which one :frowning: ) was a little bit more than 1:85, or maybe it was because it was not anamorphic and the "zoom" on my TV displays a little differently.

Come to think of it, it might have been TOP GUN which is definitely not "enhanced for 16x9" TV's.

Still learning the consumer 16x9 ropes :)

-cris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks