What's new

Anyone ever compared Onkyo to Integra side by side? (1 Viewer)

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Well, its been a month with no receiver as I took back my Onkyo 595 to get a new 600. After some research on Integra, I would like to get the new 5.3 but my local dealers tell it is still a few weeks or so away. I would like to know if the wait is worth it, or do I just go ahead and get the Onkyo 600. I know the Integra is built better, but no stores sell them both around here... is there a sound difference?

Mike

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I was going to compare the same 2 receivers...I just don't know if I can justify paying $600 for the Integra 5.3 when its specs are the same as the Onkyo tx-sr600 which you can buy from www.jandr.com for $407 + 26.39 s&h.
I would like to wait until the Integra comes out to look at it. Like I said I don't know if i can justify that it is worth the extra $150+.

John Garn

Agent
Since I am not a components engineer I cannot be certain but based on input I have from some reasonably reliable people, including techs, I think the only differences between Onkyo and Integra are some features and cosmetics. Internally, I doubt they are any different.

In looking at the 797 vs the 7.2, the Integra has two triggers vs one, a removable power cord, an A-bus feature, different colored front panel knobs and a 232 port. The difference in price is $150.00 srp..$1050 vs $1200. Oh, and Onkyo is 2 yr warranty and Integra 3 yrs. Also, the Integras are more tightly held and supposedly not being available over the Internet.

Bet you dollars to donuts that inside the box, they're identical.......if you compare the specs and they're the same........well, what else do you need to know? Same guts, different package, one is sold to the lower end, loosely held market including Internet, the other is per the above. Basically the same product being marketed to two different dealer segments. Guaranteed, it's mostly pure Marketing hype!!!

Kind of like one's a Chevy, the other's a Buick...same engine, tranny and rear end....just fancier seats, more chrome, etc..........just fluff stuff--IMHO.

John Garn

Agent
To the best of my knowledge Onkyo won't permit the same dealer to carry both so, no..... but frankly, I'm so close to being convinced there are no differences, I really didn't try. For the $150 difference in SRP and taking into account the cost of the additional features on the Integra, what little differences the price difference could make would have to be inconsequential. A $150 SRP equates to only $90 or less to the manufacturer so how much could there be?

Also, if there was a significant difference in the internals I'll bet Onkyo would market that to their Integra dealers with facts!

KeithR

Second Unit
Actually, inside they are different. Look at the integra website to see the difference. Better caps, better power supply etc.

I would definitely buy it over the crappy onkyo...for only 150 bucks more? no brainer...

Chip E

Screenwriter
Integra has more features and cherry picked parts inside.. all around, i'd buy an Integra over Onkyo just because.. In fact, i did buy a 6.2 a few months ago for my bedroom but, sold it to a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks