What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Anyone else ever been shafted by ecost.com? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
This isn't a huge shaft just an extremely annoying one since I am still in college and currently have $11.12 in my bank account.

I bought a refurbished Onkyo 601 receiver for 250 from ecost.com. I got it and it looked great but had no sound. No sound came out of the speakers whatsoever. I returned it because it was defecting. The 30 bucks it cost to ship it back to them is why my bank account is at 11.12 right now. So I put in the order for the exchange to have another 601 sent to my house but I can't get it sent back till they refund the money from the original purchase. Then I would call to have the held order sent out.

So I return the first item as defective. They get it back and they too find that the receiver sends nothing to the speakers. HOORAY! Now I can have it exchanged and get the next 601. WRONG! They're telling me that I forgot to put the FM antennea into the box and because of this they're charging a restocking fee for an incomplete order. How much is that restocking fee for? $37. How much is a factory FM Antennea? $5 tops. This is besides the fact that I am 127% positive that I put the antenna back in the plastic bag with the remote and manual.

I know its only $37 bucks to you guys but this means even when they refund my account I can't order the next 601 till I get some more money. Which means its just going to be that much longer waiting for the surround sound. I was supposed to be watching Lord of the Rings: Return of the King on my surround sound by now. I hate this. Anyone else been shafted by ecost.com? Matt

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
I doubt that they care but tell them to cancel your order and say you'll be shopping somewhere else now and the future if you can't reach an agreement. I know I would and forget about ecost.

DanaA

Screenwriter
I've only purchased one thing from ecost and it turned out fine, but yours is not the only tale of dissatisfaction I've heard. I don't think I'll press my luck again. Sorry to hear about your problems with them, especially given your financial situation.

Ed McCaffrey

Agent
I ordered a memory card from them before. They sent one with a lesser capacity.

I called and arranged for an exchange. A FedEX guy came to my door with a prepaid envelope within 20 minutes. They told me they would pay for all shipping costs; but instead later charged me for shipping by refunding my order minus shipping instead of sending a new one like we agreed on.

If I were you I would call your credit card company and issue a chargeback and you will have all your money back.

CurtM

Grip
I just returned a refurbed DVD player. I will keep you posted on my adventure.

Curt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schanne1
Recent bookmarks