What's new

Any suggestions for Cellphone hands free kit? (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I have the Motorola V400, which has the standard 2.5mm headset jack. The phone originally came with a earpiece/clip style unit that, frankly, sucked.

I'd like to get a "boom" style kit- but don't think I want one of those smaller ones that have the microphone element that doesn't extend past your sideburn-- those seem like it would not pickup very well (although I've read some reviews of the body-glove model that says the mic sounds really good with no boom extension).

Anyway- bottom line is I have NO IDEA what i want or what units are worth a damn-- so i thought I would ask the HTF community if they have any experiences with these and have ones they were really happy or really UNhappy with?

-vince

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Vince,

I ran into a similar situation a couple of months ago when I had all night meetings to attend. I ended up going with this one from Plantronics

It ended up being a pretty good headset for $20. The only problem I had with it is that I had to keep most of the room noise to a minimum due to my phone not being able to pump the volume up any higher. It's not what I would cal extrememly portable, but for a boom style it's good.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I got the external speakerphone attachment for my new V400 and I love it. It plugs into the bottom of the phone and the cigarette lighter AC adapter plugs into it. So the thing charges and/or avoids running down the battery as it sits on the sticky pad I keep on my dashboard. When I get a call I either open the phone (if closed) or hit the "phone" button (if open) and I'm talking. If I need to call I touch the voice button on the side and say the name of someone from my address book. None of these operations requires that I take my eyes off the road, even for a moment. Very cool and very safe. Everyone I've spoken to has said that I come through loud and clear, while I have no problem hearing them. I've even called a couple of local radio talk shows without getting any complaints. (I won a free hotel stay and some passes to a local comedy club during a trivia contest on one of them. :))

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks