What's new

Any Price Drop Rumors? (1 Viewer)

Michael Fennessy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Fennessy
I am thinking about getting back into console gaming and don't want to get burned by a nov/dec price drop. I was just wondering if anyone had heard about one for any of the big 3 consoles? Special Christmas bundles perhaps?

Thanks alot,
Mike

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Well Michael, haven't heard anything regarding the PS2 or cube but there is a confirmed bundle for the xbox including an s-controller, two games (Sega GT 2002 and Jet Set Radio Future) and the console of course for $199 (same as the current console only price). Should be available on or around Oct 15.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
There is the Super Mario bundle that Nintendo is putting out for the Gamecube. It's been available on their site for a while, but it's hitting stores on the 14th. It's a Indigo Gamecube, Super Mario Sunshine and a memory card 59 for $189. That's a pretty darn good deal in my estimation.

I would think Sony might do something again like they did with GT3, but who knows.

Both the Xbox and Gamecube bundles look good though.

Glen

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Beyond the various bundles there won't be any movement on the base prices this year.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I got "burned" by paying the full original $300 for the Xbox about a month before the price drop, but don't feel too badly about it. The system is amazing and I could not be happier with it. I am very glad I made the right choice in consoles (for me, at least).

My buddy should be pleased- he just picked up his Xbox two weeks ago without the standard controller or the extra two games!

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
It could be worse. The XBox has only been out for 7 months in the UK, but in that time its gone from £299 to £199 to £159, and Gamestation sell it for £149 now. Thats a whole lot of price cutting.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I have promised my son a PS2 for Xmas and am also wondering of any price drops. Oh well, bundles should be the next best thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks