What's new

Any News On The Phil Silvers Show on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
With the release of Top Cat on DVD, has there been any rumblings about releasing the Phil Silvers Show on DVD? Which studio owns the right to the show these days?

Paul

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Paramount, who owns almost everything these days. There hasn't been a peep about it. The only 50s shows they have touched are Lucy and Honeymooners. In my mind Phil Silvers show is right up there with the other two as an all-time comedy classic. Here's hoping.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
You know this show gets more respect in England than it does in the US. It's been running on and off on the BBC for years. If you were making a list of the top sitcoms of the 50s, Bilco has to be right up there with I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, Amos and Andy (held in permanent hostage by the scaredy cats at CBS), Burns and Allen, Jack Benny and Our Miss Brooks. I just hope there are enough people who know the show to make the sales figures decent.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Bilko use to be on a lot here too, I remember seeing it on both Comedy Central and NICK but for season reason, it isn't on at all in the states anymore.

Paul

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Has there been anything more on the Phil Silvers Show coming to DVD? The rumors said that it could possibly be released in early 2006 and with Feburary titles being announced, if it is coming, it should be announced soon.

Paul

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No new news yet; still waiting. I'm still reasonably sure its being worked on, though. Figure it will be around the same time - give or take a month or so - as Wild Wild West.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks