What's new

Any News On Paramount Releasing Cannon Season 3 Volume 1? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
HenryDuBrow said:
That's indeed a good season opener and a nice gloomy role for Janssen just before going into becoming Harry O. Also neat to see him reunited with Conrad again after a guest slot on O'Hara U.S. Treasury, and of course Fugitive fame. I suspect we'll now see CBS finishing many a stalled series this way, including Cannon.
With "Cannon" it´s not a problem when they´re finishing the series with MOD because the picture quality of the first two seasons were so bad because they didn´t remaster it.
So with MOD the picture quality will be the same as before because it doesn´t get worse.
Hopefully, CBS/Paramount won´t continue with "Matt Houston" via MOD because the first season looked great and I don´t want to see this series with a bad picture quality like "Cannon".
By the way, I´m a big "Cannon" fan. I would even buy Season 1+2 once again, if they´ll release it "remastered" which they won´t do......-as we all know.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Mr. Pacino said:
With "Cannon" it´s not a problem when they´re finishing the series with MOD because the picture quality of the first two seasons were so bad because they didn´t remaster it.
So with MOD the picture quality will be the same as before because it doesn´t get worse.
Hopefully, CBS/Paramount won´t continue with "Matt Houston" via MOD because the first season looked great and I don´t want to see this series with a bad picture quality like "Cannon".
By the way, I´m a big "Cannon" fan. I would even buy Season 1+2 once again, if they´ll release it "remastered" which they won´t do......-as we all know.
Mod has nothing to do with remastered or not. Many of The WA TV series are great and remastered but the recent Harry O apparently was not or it was in really bad shape as it is the worst looking (but not bad) TV release WA has released so far and its on pressed discs so pressed disc or MOD has nothing to do with picture quality. Its if they remaster it and to what extent.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Tim Gregerson /t/301084/any-news-on-paramount-releasing-cannon-season-3-volume-1/30#post_3960005
the same here

Which post are you replying to Tim?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Am interested in possibly getting at least the first season of Cannon on DVD, because of the crossover it did with Barnaby Jones later on in it's run, but also taking into consideration the fact that the first two seasons were not transferred to HD (it has put me off getting the half volume Region 1 sets forming the first two seasons of Cannon). Glad that it's continuing on DVD as it was looking like it would remain stalled. This news of the third season being released has been very welcome news.

gordoncolt

Agent
Real Name
gordon
Are there any other Cbs shows that were released MOD or is this a first?The Cannon MOD price is lower than the Warner Harry O Mod price though.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Sets of Becker, Dave's World, and Moesha have been released MOD, as have a number of Nickelodeon children's titles. I think Cannon may be the first 60-minute drama they are releasing this way.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Randy Korstick said:
Mod has nothing to do with remastered or not. Many of The WA TV series are great and remastered but the recent Harry O apparently was not or it was in really bad shape as it is the worst looking (but not bad) TV release WA has released so far and its on pressed discs so pressed disc or MOD has nothing to do with picture quality. Its if they remaster it and to what extent.
ahh...-O.K. Sad to hear that "Harry O" doesn´t look good because in a couple of days I´ll get the first season.
I wonder why CBS/Paramount series such as "Hawaii Five O , Barnaby Jones, Matt Houston or Streets of San Francisco", were remastered in HD and "Cannon" not.
I thought "Cannon" were a popular series in the USA but apparently CBS/Paramount thought the selling numbers of the show would be low, anyway.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Randy Korstick said:
I have been watching Harry-O and it seems fine to me. I guess I don't have a trained eye but it looks as good as any series released--IMO.

skees53

Agent
Real Name
David
dhammer said:
I have been watching Harry-O and it seems fine to me. I guess I don't have a trained eye but it looks as good as any series released--IMO.
I didn't think it looked bad either, and I certainly didn't see any alarming issues... I mean it wasn't the greatest looking series I've ever seen on DVD, but I've seen far, far worse (like the Room 222 release by Shout!). I think the bigger problem with it was that a lot of people had greater expectations from Warner, which is fair, since many of their series do look pretty good on DVD.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I didn't say it looked bad it looks pretty good but it doesn't look as good as Mannix or most of the CBS shows or any of the Mod released shows from WA so my point was Mod has nothing to do with picture quality or whether a show will be remastered or not. The show may have always looked this way or it may have been in bad condition and they remastered it to look as good as it did, I'm not sure since its been so long since its been on TV.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I don't think anyone expected Harry O to look like the remastered Paramount shows when it hasn't been remastered (even though Warner's archive site says it is but I think that refers only to the first pilot). Haven't seen the set yet myself but the WAC clips I've seen all look very good or acceptable and as expected, I suspect it looks better than both The FBI and Medical Center where especially the latter is quite disappointing bordering on the appalling. At least to my eyes, but as always these things are in the eye of the beholder and personal taste.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I’m so glad Cannon season 3 is coming out, even if it’s MOD, even if it’s not remastered. CBS/Paramount has been a one-man wrecking crew in 2012. Now that Mannix and Streets of San Francisco are completing, and shows like Perry Mason and Father Dowling are close to completion I’m hoping that some of those stalled shows mentioned in this thread (Barnaby Jones, Jake and the Fatman, Diagnosis Murder) will begin to resurface in 2013. Fiscal cliff or not, I’m grateful that CBS has been so aggressive with their DVD releases compared to what it’s been like in the last few years.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Thanks for the research. At least both dates are in the reasonably near future; I was beginning to worry.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
And just to add another date for Cannon season 3, I had it on order from oldies.com. It was supposed to be released yesterday (November 13), but they emailed and said it had now been delayed another week and would be released November 20. It will be nice to have it whenever it finally does come.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I heard from someone in customer service at oldies.com again today. They have confirmed with CBS that their manufacturing plant will start shipping the Cannon MOD product to accounts tomorrow (Nov 21). And oldies.com will be shipping it out to customers as soon as they receive it. I'm not inclined to ask them to parse the details, but I'll take it as very good news. After nearly three years since the last release of Cannon, I'm excited that I might be able to watch season 3 sometime next week.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
So far I've only had a chance to watch a few episodes of Cannon season 3. Quality-wise they look the same as the first four regular releases from CBS. But it's really nice to see Frank Cannon back on the job again, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that the last two seasons will make their way to us in 2013.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Too bad about the picture quality and no remastering. The Amazon order's still in limbo, not sure what's up with that deal. Here's a clip from Season 2 I think this (the clip's original source) looks better almost than it does on the DVD, that is I don't think it's from that disc, so it would seem CBS used pretty rotten prints when better ones would appear to exist out there(?).

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
For anyone who is a Comcast customer they are running The Return of Frank Cannon on OnDemand. I found this after I spent a fortune on the VHS release! (Live and learn...) It's in the Movieplex folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks