What's new

Any News On Paramount Releasing Cannon Season 3 Volume 1? (1 Viewer)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Well, it depends on how far ahead your particular "crystal ball" looks. I don't think of series that are off the schedule for years as delayed; I think of them as canceled. However, if a series is removed from the fourth quarter schedule, I can still maintain my hopes for the next quarter or two.

So how is the visibility on your crystal ball? Do you see DVD releases into next spring, or just as far as Christmas? If it is the former, add me to the list of pessimists.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If "Barnaby Jones" does end up stalled out it will set the record for the shortest run of any show percentage wise put out by CBS/Paramount since its first season was just a half season's worth of episodes and for a show that officially ran 7.5 seasons that's a very poor ration (Cannon and Streets Of San Francisco at least would be 2 of 5 seasons or 40% of the run and certainly enough episodes to rewatch at a decent pace).

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I really don't agree with any of this canceled crystal ball talk, sorry, and it's not just to be romantic or anything. Unless of course Gary has connections at CBS, but the golden rule of three months between releases is out, everybody frankly ought be aware of that by now given the 'hard times' we live in it just doesn't seem to apply anymore. If it's five months or six months now, doesn't matter to me personally so I certainly don't see neither BJ or Cannon and their obvious differences in picture quality, as gone at this point. By the end of the year I'll worry, I have no reason to yet.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I hope CBS Paramount will change their mind and release Cannon Season 3 Volume 1 on DVD in 2011. Maybe we should try to focus on the positive. CBS Paramount did have Cannon Season 3 Volume 1 on the schedule. Therefore, maybe CBS Paramount will sometime, hopefully in 2011 change their mind and decide to go ahead and return to an earlier decision which was to release Cannon Season 3 Volume 1 on DVD. I know this may be just a lot of wishful thinking on my part! I just hope that CBS Paramount will change their mind again and this time it will be positive which will be a release of Cannon Season 3 Volume 1 on DVD! It is very disappointing but all we can do is hope that things will change for the better! Whatever happens or doesn't happen is beyond our control so we just have to accept it and try to stay positive!

God Bless!

Robert

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
No news is defintely not good. Does anyone have any new information about whether Paramount will release Cannon Season 3 Volume 1 on DVD in 2011, or ever for that matter? Any news, information, etc is appreciated!

Thanks And God Bless!

Robert

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
My crystal ball reads the same as back in July and August of last year. Don't look for either in the immediate future (i.e. they are both dead in the water right now).

Gary "all we can do is hope the studio decides to revisit these series down the road" O.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the bad news Gary! LOL! Like you said all we can do is hope. How about Barnaby Jones Season 2 and The Streets Of San Francisco Season 3 Volume 1? Thanks again Gary for all your posts. I appreciate it! Take Care! And God Bless!

Robert

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'd rather see another year of Barnaby Jones than Cannon because having just half a season of a seven and a half season run is a ridiculous ratio for DVD. Cannon at least has two FULL seasons of episodes to watch.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCCLOUD
Thanks for the bad news Gary! LOL! Like you said all we can do is hope. How about Barnaby Jones Season 2 and The Streets Of San Francisco Season 3 Volume 1? Thanks again Gary for all your posts. I appreciate it! Take Care! And God Bless!
Sorry about being the bearer of bad news. Trust me, I'd rather be able to say my crystal ball is seeing all these shows coming, but it just isn't. As for the two you mentioned, neither are stone cold locks, but Barnaby has a 50/50 chance according to what I'm seeing. Not so sure about Streets of SF. I think a lot of this depends on the economy. If there's an upswing many of us will be happy. If not, I look for an even leaner year for classics from CBS/P. As it stands as of this moment, sure fire releases for vintage shows are few and far between from the studio. Having said that, my crystal ball says Shout and Timeless will continue to bless us with solid, vintage releases this year.

Gary "keep your fingers crossed - that's about the only thing we can do right now" O.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am not surprised with the slow down in releases. All you have to do is look at Jan-Apr/11 and see the releases are very light. I remember Jan-Apr being very hot time period for dvd releases. Sept-Nov was another hot period. I am using this year to close out some of sets this year, like Emergency!, Dallas, Voyage to bottom of the sea. I may also looked at Mission Impossible and Man from Uncle. I am now just shopping for bargains, because i am not sure Streets of San Francisco/Cannon will see any more releases this year. As i always say It is, what it is.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Originally Posted by Jack P
I'd rather see another year of Barnaby Jones than Cannon because having just half a season of a seven and a half season run is a ridiculous ratio for DVD. Cannon at least has two FULL seasons of episodes to watch.
That's a good point Jack, I prefer it too and would love them to give it another crack full seasons or split volumes, no matter how odd those decisions may sometimes be. We should be happy to get them at all, even not remastered I'd gladly have it continue. Maybe the three surviving main cast members could rejoin for some DVD features, along the lines of the Mannix or Hawaii-Five-O extras. I can't recall ever reading so many positive reviews on Amazon and elsewhere from viewers revisiting a classic TV show on release, but of course only the sales numbers count and maybe they just didn't meet CBS expectations and their hard figure demands. If so, it's such a waste. Would be great with more StreetsofSF too, and a nice gift for Michael who's doing better now, although the stories truthfully got weak and took a severe nose dive starting season 4.

SCOTT HARNEY

Auditioning
Real Name
JAY GROVE
Is there any hope CBS will put out Cannon Season 3 Volume 1 in 2012 or licence it to Shout Factory. Also what about Barnaby Jones Season 2 and The Streets of San Francisco Season 3.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
SCOTT HARNEY said:
Is there any hope CBS will put out Cannon Season 3 Volume 1 in 2012 or licence it to Shout Factory. Also what about Barnaby Jones Season 2 and The Streets of San Francisco Season 3.
I don't think either is likely to happen, unfortunately.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Jay, I don't have any news or hope, but Cannon and Barnaby Jones are two shows that I would love to see further releases of, so it was nice to at least hear someone else express interest in them. Unfortunately I don't think CBS is interested.

handley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I'd also love to see some more of these Quinn Martin shows. They were all a childhood viewing staple.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Great news that CBS is going to release Season 3 of Cannon! I will be glad to get it even if it is not remastered just as long as it looks no worse than the first 2 seasons did. Also, I hope the Amazon running time of around 960 minutes is a mistake. Counting the 2 hour episode in two parts there should be 25 episodes at approximately 50 minutes for around 1250 minutes total. Does anyone know if the running time listed by Amazon is wrong? Also did Gary or anyone else on here know this was coming and can anyone comment on whether or not it will be remastered and what the running time is going to be? Thanks!
God Bless!
Robert

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I was quite surprised when I read on www.tvshowsondvd.com that they´re continuing with this series....- and no volumes.
the 90 minute opener with david janssen and anne baxter is the highlight of the third season.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
That's indeed a good season opener and a nice gloomy role for Janssen just before going into becoming Harry O. Also neat to see him reunited with Conrad again after a guest slot on O'Hara U.S. Treasury, and of course Fugitive fame. I suspect we'll now see CBS finishing many a stalled series this way, including Cannon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks