What's new

Any news about Alice... (1 Viewer)

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Calling all Alice fans! WHV will be releasing a TV Favorites set of this sitcom in 2006. They need your help! All fans should post their top 10 favorite episodes. To find out how to post your top 10, go here and read 10/27's news: http://sitcomsonline.blogspot.com

Thanks

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
"there's a new girl in town . . . and she's lookin' good . . . there's a fresh freckled face in the neighborhood . . . "

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

do the looks of the cast really matter? Roseanne is my favorite sitcom of all time, and I'm the first to admit that except for maybe the late Glenn Quinn, there were no model-esque cast members on that show.

Kenny Neal

Stunt Coordinator
Easy now, it was just a joke. But not really.

To anyone who likes Alice, more power to you.

And don't forget Sarah Chalke was on Roseanne.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Warner Brothers, I despise what your doing. These television favorites discs are probably the worst idea since DIVX. They will not sell, and hence no new season 1 dvd's will be released from WB from that point on. If you want to try a releasing a classic show on dvd, try a full 1st season release. I gurantee it will sell 100 times better than some crappy compilation that no one wants in the first place. I'm a huge fan of Alice, and I'm not picking up this best of release.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
FYI: Series co-star Polly Holliday (Flo) did not just leave the show to do her own spinoff. She also reportedly left because of behind the scenes tensions, particularly with series star Linda Lavin. This would help explain why, when her spinoff "Flo" failed to catch on, she did not return to Alice.

The producers also reportedly lied to Polly's replacement Diane Ladd (the original Flo from the film) when they hired her to play Belle. She had been told that there were no behind the scenes problems and that Polly had not left because of this. Diane arrived to find that none of this was true. She then exited the show herself. Ms. Ladd confirmed these long-standing rumors during an interview on Later with Bob Costas.

Anthony W

Auditioning
I watched the show growing up, and thinking about it, I watched the show for everyone else BUT Alice and Tommy.

I'd love for this show to go to season sets, but with seeing how some shows from the 70s are fairing in the dvd market that had long runs, I wonder if there are enough of those of us that followed shows like Alice, One Day at a Time, etc.. to get the money hungry dvd studios to put them out and keep them out until they have the whole series on dvd. Somehow I doubt it.

I know one guy at work that is from "my generation" and all those of the younger crowd have no clue what we are talking about when we reminise about the shows we watched during the 70s and 80s... if they went into syndication they had that run in the 80s, then disappeared. But even my friend doesnt want to get any of these shows on dvd... because of the lower production value, and not wanting to put out the money on dvds that he might not enjoy as much as he did when he was younger. shame. i'm glad I'm not like that... i like seeing the series with a more mature perspective, but i still enjoy them... no matter the production quality, or dated stories.

When I saw the Best Of Alice announcement, i went to the imdb site and looked up the trivia section. I just moved here to Arizona a month ago... and apparently the restaraunt Mels Diner was based off of is just a short drive from where I live. I thought that was just SO COOL! I am going to venture there and take my camera.

of course, no one I know but that fellow 30 something guy would even understand "Hey, I just ate at Mel's Diner!" much less appreciate it :)

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
Hey Anthony, I live out in Surprise too right now. Small world.:)

I went down to Mel's on Monday...they're closed that day and Sunday, every day of the week. Open at 6 a.m., though, down at 17th Ave. and Grand.

I wouldn't mind having "Alice" on DVD either, in spite of Linda Lavin, Doug McKeon, and Beth Howland. Flo, Mel and the customers could make up for so much bad acting and dialogue...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks