Any Joan Armatrading fans here? Question

Discussion in 'Music' started by PatrickL, Jun 19, 2005.

1. PatrickL

PatrickL Second Unit

This is probably a long shot, but....

There was a Joan Armatrading 2 cd set released a couple of years ago called "Love and Affection: Classics." Anyone here have it by any chance? I noticed tonight that a song called "What Do The Boys Dream?" is listed on this compilation. I'd be happy to buy this to have it, since it's one of the songs I remember liking from her long out of print album "The Key," which I don't have.

Trouble is, on itunes and on amazon, the sample of this track is NOT of "What Do The Boys Dream" even though it is listed as such - it's of a song called "Tell Tale" which isn't on the tracklisting at all.

I poked around the Web reading reviews, but if the wrong song wound up on the cd, no review I read noted it. Is anyone able to tell if "What Do The Boys Dream" is actually on this cd? It's a dealbreaker for me if it isn't, since I already have most of her cds and several compilations.

2. andrew markworthy

Good news - check ebay; at the time of typing there are at least a couple of copies of the album available from retailers that are either US-based or will ship to the US.

Bad (or rather, cautionary) news - 'What do boys dream?' only appears on some listings. I haven't had time to work it out, but I suspect that the track is only on US versions of the album.

I hope this helps.

3. PatrickL

PatrickL Second Unit

Thanks Andrew. I'm on top of a copy of "The Key" cd thanks to your post.