What's new

Any idea why my Panamax will all of a sudden switch to overvoltage? (1 Viewer)

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
It was working fine all day and then I turned off my equipment and went to bed last night. I woke up this morning and it has a red light lit (overvoltage). I can not get it to reset. Can anyone help? Thx.

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Josh, what model Panamax do you have? I'm not sure how to fix your problem (have you tried unplugging the unit directly from the wall and leaving it unplugged for a minute or two?) but am curious about your experiences (other than this one) with the Panamax brand.

thanks,

--tom

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Max 1000+. Actually, I have 2 of them- 1 for each theater. I bought them in the mid 90's. They worked great up until today. It might not be the panamax, though...I just moved into this house last week (rental). It could be the house wiring. I have not set up the other theater yet (waiting for the wifes armoir to hold the XBR and the seperates) so I don't know for sure if it is the house or the panamax.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
miswiring is a possibility as i'm not sure that the unit has any logic sensing...outlet testers are available for around 10 bucks...not a bad idea to pick one up and run through the house with them...also try a different outlet on maybe another circuit and see if it still happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks