What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Antone received South Park commentary cd's yet? (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Finally got a chance to call this afternoon. After they confirmed all my info was correct, they said mine should ship in mid-March.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
So as a Canadian, is there a good chance that if I buy the set, and mail in this coupon, granted the offer is still avalibe, I could get my CDs here in Ontario???

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Called last Thursday, they arrived on Monday. I'm going to check out Comedy Central's website and let them know I unsatisfactory this is. I wonder what the reason for this is?

I'm really suprised at the posts from people who will refuse to buy future sets because of the lack of commentary. This I don't understand. Given a season is something like 16 episodes, that's close to 6 hours. That's a hellovalot of time to fill. What could they possibly talk about that's new in the second season. Or the fifth? At most perhaps a short intro commenting on the episode. Several episodes were turned in at the last minute to make them more topical. It'd be interesting to hear comments on that, but I don't expect to hear 22m worth.

-paul

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Gotta re-inforce here that you won't get it if you don't call. I mailed my form the day after I got it (I believe in November) and have patiently waited...and waited..and waited....so I finally called last Tuesday.....lo and behold it was shipped on Wednesday (I looked at the stamp) and showed up on Saturday.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
My reply to this is many-fold.
  • The lack of commentaries on the first season and more than likely from here on out isn't due to the lack of information or willingness of Matt & Trey, but to censorship. I for one will never support censorship with my dollars.
  • The way in which the commentary rebate offer was handled by Comedy Central is downright scandalous. Once again, I do not reward companies who treat their customer's so terribly by sending them more of my money.
  • I do not buy DVDs that can be easily rented or programs that can be easily seen on TV at almost any time of the day, unless the discs contain quality extras. The extras that they have listed for Season 2 are far from what I would call quality extras. On this same topic commentaries are my number one favorite extra. They can take their featurettes and shove 'em where the sun don't shine.
I'll finish by saying that I'm baffled by customers who repeatedly take crap and lackluster products from a company only to turn around and send them more money.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I called on Monday and they arrived today.

Surprise! Guess I wouldn't have received them if I hadn't have called.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Yes, I'm pretty sure I did. If I recall, I addded in the Apartment number (or letter in my case) that they seemed to have dropped.

Guess I'll go back in the thread and find the number to call AGAIN. Wonder if I'll get the mid-March response this time.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm really suprised at the posts from people who will refuse to buy future sets because of the lack of commentary.
I don't think anyone is saying that they won't buy future releases due to the lack of commentaries. I'm pretty sure that most are saying that they won't buy future releases, because this commentary issue is being handled so poorly. First we have the commentaries dropped completely off the discs, but the CC says that if you send them 3.50, you can get the commentaries on CD. I was happy at this point, I thought WB was in the wrong and CC was trying to make amends. But then we have to deal with the fact that CC is keeping our 3.50 and not sending us our discs until we call.

This is was I call a scam, and as a result they won't get anymore of my money.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Okay, after about 5 mins on the phone, most of which was being on hold, I was now told it would be mailed Tuesday. I didn't even think to ask if she meant next Tuesday or yesterday. I assumed the former.
Amazingly enough, they didn't add the Apartment letter to my address before, and the labels are all ready done. Hopefully, the mailman won't forget how to read the name labels on the mailboxes the day they finally arrive...if that day actually comes.
She said if they're not delivered they'll be returned back to Comedy Central. Great, just what I want.:frowning:

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I just called: (800-441-5449)

And they picked up on the first ring!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I said: "I'm calling about the South Park commentary CD's"

Customer Service rep: "What State are you in?"

Me: "Washington State"

CSR: "Last Name"

Me: "Bunting"

CSR: "They will be mailed out next Tuesday and you should have them by Friday or Saturday of next week"

Me: "Thanks?" :0

----------------------------------------------------------

Like stated above - if you want the CD's call !

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Well, I'm Canadian and I just sent in the coupon, with receipt, proof of purchases, and check. So I guess I'm hoping I'll have as much luck as the other two canucks how have gotten their cds in this thread. The coupon said the offer expires on March the 25th, so I still got time.

My question is, when do I call CC to check if the discs have been mailed out? Should I wait the 6-8 weeks?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I didn't even mention South Park when I ordered! I just said "Hi, I'm calling about the status of an order." The rep:"The South Park CD's, right?" Answered right away, too.

-Dave

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
As I posted in this thread last Tuesday, I was told mine would ship in mid-March. I received the set today. It was postmarked yesterday. 1 day to get from El Paso to Connecticut via USPS? Seems quick.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Finally got mine today. Didn't think to check the postmark, but they said they'd ship out Tuesday, so I guess it got from El Passo to Pennsylvania in a day too.
That is nice, fast shipping...once they actually send it.

Christopher D

Second Unit
I can't believe it -- I got mine today without even asking. I don't even think they've cashed my check. Towelie must be running that place.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I got mine today as well without calling either. Hope theyre getting their act together finally.

L8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I wonder if there was some situation where they got far more orders than expected and needed to press more CDs and were waiting until they came in to send them out in bulk, but sending them to those who asked, or something. It seems such an odd way of doing things.
Oh, no, wait, It must've been the letter I wrote last week. That got the fire under their asses. :D
-paul

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I was wondering if Antone has received his yet. (I couldn't resist. It's been a while!) :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks