What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Another obscure movie question (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Okay, this one has been killing me for ten+ years. I don't even know if it's from a movie; it might've been from an old TV show, shot on film circa the mid-70s to early-80s.

The scene I remember is this: a couple of guys in a car... they pull up to a railroad crossing... the gate comes down but there's no train... the guys in the car notice this and wait for the gate to go back up... it doesn't... one of the guys gets out of the car and tries to lift the gate himself... then it lifts but he's still holding on to it... the gate rises and falls but I don't know if this was supposed to be for comedic effect or not

Then the scene ends and we cut to an interior. That's all I know.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I'm not making this up. When I was little, I had a big interest in traffic lights, signs, etc. so the sight of a guy trying to lift a railroad crossing gate himself might've peaked my interested back then.

Alphonse Brown

Stunt Coordinator
There was a scene like that in "The Longshots" (1986) that starred Tim Conway, Harvey Korman and Ted Wass.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Originally Posted by Alphonse Brown

There was a scene like that in "The Longshots" (1986) that starred Tim Conway, Harvey Korman and Ted Wass.
I'll have to put that on the top of my Netflix queue. Thanks!

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I watched the film. It was okay. After watching the aforementioned scene, I guess this film must be it.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oussa13
Recent bookmarks