What's new

Anothee budget question (1 Viewer)

pablo1gr

Auditioning
Real Name
pablo
Hi guys. I took advantage of black friday and got me a 60" led tv and im interested on getting aome good sound to go with it. How ever i dont want to spend a fortune on my first set up. I got a cupple of options and this ia where i need help. I woul like a 5.1 system so i was thinking a pioneer rwciver vsx 522. And for the speakers i got this options i would start with a 2.1 set up so i got this optionsEnergy take e xlc center and lr front.For abaute $120 usd4 b&w rock solid minitors whic i would use two for center channel and two for rl front channels for $400 usdYamaha ns f150 and later adding a yamaha center channel for $4805 speakers that ware made for chapsrral comunicstions inc. Which are a center channel. 2 floor standing fronts and 2 bookshelf sourrands. Now this one is a gamble bacause i dont have any info on them all i know they ware made for this company but i dont know who made them. But the price on them is $250 usdI know im all over the place that is why i need your help. Somthing important im in mexico where is very hard anx expencive to get good equipment. I know in the use you can get better for much less but this are my options.The set up will be use in a small room rectangular in shape with concrete walls and a single window. I will use it mostly for movies with ocasionally music. I will really apriciete any imput you can give me.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Forget the twin center speaker idea. Just don't go there. Keep the 4th in a closet till you find a speaker for your 5th. Or run front and rear without center speaker(AVR have phantom center mode).

Are you having them shipped to a location in the US then driving across to get them? (there is a guy on here in Canada that does the same)

Speakers are a taste thing, but of your list...I would take the B&W(which is the set you'd use without center).

pablo1gr

Auditioning
Real Name
pablo
I actually can get them used here in mexico. Thanks tha is the option i was leaning thougrs.

pablo1gr

Auditioning
Real Name
pablo
And for receivers which one would you choose a denon avr 790 or the pioneer vsx522

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks