Andy Griffith Show Complete series.

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by jacktripper1, Feb 9, 2007.

1. EdG

EdG Stunt Coordinator

No bother at all. Here is a quick pic I made of the with the seasons out of
    the box. I opened up season 1 so you can see how the discs are packaged.
    I also pulled out the bonus disc out so you can see it. All of the DVDs of the
    seasons are the same as what was released previously. Also you can see the
    artwork for the back of the box. Sorry it took so long to post this.

[​IMG]

2. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    I can't believe they are using paper sleeves to hold these in place. Sad.

3. jacktripper1

jacktripper1 Stunt Coordinator

Thanks so kmuch. I personally like the way its set up. But, where is the episode guide???

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, I like the look of the sleeves too. The only problem is there's a good chance (especially with so many discs) that some will be messed up when they are put into the packagaing. I know I can take them out and put them back in without scuffing/scratching them but when the set is being manufactured is another story.

5. Garysb

Garysb Screenwriter

I think what has been mentioned here and at tvshowsondvd.com concerning complete series sets is that these are great money makers for the studios because most of the cost to produce them has already been spent on the individual season sets. This is why they cost less than the individual season
    sets. Therefore it is no surprise that the complete series set uses the same masters as the season sets except where previously corrected. This is also why complete series sets do not come out first. The cost to remaster the shows would have to be factored into the price of the set. Get Smart and the upcoming Land of the Giants are exceptions to this .
    With the exception of added content, does anyone know of a complete series set which corrected problems found on the individual season sets not previously corrected ?

6. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

For anyone interested in the complete series set, it's currently on sale as the Amazon "Gold Box Deal of the Day" today June 25th here for $77.99 .

7. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Quote:

Thanks for sharing that info, Jeff.

Definitely a great deal for anyone that doesn't have this series. That works out to less than $10 per season, and you get the reunion movie as well. Hard to argue with that. Even if someone only liked the "Barney" years and wouldn't be watching the last 3 seasons of the show, you still be getting a fantastic deal at that price.

Gary "a wonderful show that holds up very well" O.

8. Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney Supporting Actor

I enjoyed those first three color seasons myself. It was those last three color seasons with the absences of Andy Griffith and Ron Howard (and eventually Frances Bavier in the final season) that I didn't care too much. It just felt wierd not having the original cast on the show.

9. Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff Cinematographer

Joe
    Technically, that's a separate series called MAYBERRY R.F.D., which I'm sure you know. I've never seen them referred to as the "last 3 seasons" of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW.

10. Carabimero

Carabimero Cinematographer
    Supporter

Alan
    I have all the original season sets and was tempted to buy it because I want the corrected laugh tracks in season four and this seems to be the only way to get them. I realize I am probably the only person who missed the laugh tracks, but watching OPIE THE BIRDMAN is next to impossible for me. Without the laugh tracks, Andy's comments to Barney seem downright mean. But I just can't spend even this much just for those.

Sigh. Paramount disappoints once again.

11. Professor Echo

Professor Echo Screenwriter

Glen
    Alan, can you tell me if all the Season Sets have the original cast commercials as extras? I was under the impression that these sets had NO extras at all, but I was watching some at a friend's house and they had the commercials on there, though not the sponsor's tags (some of which can be seen on the 50th Anniversary set).

12. Carabimero

Carabimero Cinematographer
    Supporter

Alan
    My recollection is that some do and some don't. It's been a while since I watched the entire set, but if my memory is right, their occurrence lessens as the seasons progress.

I just wish I could get the episodes with the laugh tracks in season four without buying the whole series twice. The fans that support the single season sets of a series, making the complete season set viable with extras, are always the ones who get the shaft.

13. Brent S

Brent S Second Unit

Brent Seguine

Seasons 2 and 3 have cast/sponsor commercials.