What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

An all-time low in television history......... (1 Viewer)

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Unfortunately the chefs aren't the celebreties. Last night was Tony Gonzalez (KC Chiefs), Cindy Margolis and Alison Sweeney. They did most of the cooking. An interesting concept, but the screaming audience was annoying.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Actually, you aren't. We're saying that MOST of TV is SO bad that this is nothing in comparison.

I know I'm SO disgusted with Reality TV that this doesn't suprise me at all and doesn't even seem to register a blip on the 'worhtless' spectrum since the worthless spectrum is JAMMED full with every other Reality TV.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

I'm missing the point of your critique. Do you classify the show as "pathetic" because:
a) It is another reality show
b) It is a cooking competition
c) The "celebrities" aren't famous enough for you
d) Some or all of the above

If a), then your only recourse is to watch more DVDs or take romantic walks on the beach in the evening, because the prime time reality TV and game show trends make economic sense for the television networks, and as much as we would all prefer to sink our teeth into a quality drama or original comedy - there aren't enough eyeballs watching them to warrant their production. Reality TV = network profits. Enjoy your free time spent not watching it.

If b), then we'll have to agree to disagree. Iron Chef is fun to watch most of the time. To each his/her own.

If c), my attitude is that once you get below a certain fame level all celebrity is fungible. John O'Hurley = Kristy Swanson = Tom Arnold. All of the networks are playing around with the C-list celebs in various skating, dancing and now cooking competitions. I haven't watched any of them, nor do I suspect that you have either. I don't begrudge these people their opportunity to try to widen their audience.

If d), three words... Don't watch it.

And NBC still has a few quality comedies on its schedule - My Name Is Earl and The Office. I hope you're at least watching those.

Brad

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Brad,

In fact, I do watch My Name is Earl and The Office. Those are the only two sitcoms on TV these days that I watch. As for why I think the show is pathetic, I'd have to go with:

d.) all of the above

And don't worry, I wouldn't watch this crap if Cindy Margolis was cooking nude............well, maybe that would get me to tune in, but that's the only way!

By the way, who the hell is Alison Sweeney anyway? At least I've heard of John O' Hurley and Kristi Swanson.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

As someone whose mother regularly watched the show, I can tell you that she is a cast member of Days of Our Lives. This is the same reason that I know that Anne Heche used to play twins on Another World. Honest. I swear it. I don't watch these shows! :D

Brad

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Apparently no one here has witnessed the pure agony of MTV's Super Sweet 16 or whatever the hell it's called. 1 in 5 kids live below the poverty line in America yet these sick, demented rich bastards think they're entitled to Escalades on 26's, $100,000 parties, and being treated like a celebrity (which seems like the main goal of every person in the country. Afterall, what's the point of being rich if people don't recognize you too?)

Not that I'm angry about it or anything. :)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Anyone remember "The Littlest Groom" ?

:D

Travis "The only thing more important than being rich is being famous..." "Wow, you really sound like a dumb brat Bebe!" - South Park

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Isn't it possible that NBC is marketing this to the other demographic who would be interested in this sort of thing, and not the hard hitting testosterone laced "24"?

The "new low" has a long, long way to go.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Travis,

I actually caught an episode of that Sweet 16 show on MTV and if my TV wasn't so expensive I would've thrown a cement block through it. Those spoiled little witches(you can substitute the w with a b if you want to) really need to be smacked upside the head with a dose of reality. The only thing worse than the little heathens themselves are their worthless excuse for parents and MTV for actually putting something like that on the air. :angry:

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
As long as you have a CEO of a multi-million dollar, multi-national coorperation pulling inanimate objects out of a prostetic ass, while fart noises and catchphrases play in the background, and then said CEO dressed like a doctor and named Dr. Hiney simulates sex on the opporating table with the nurse "slobberknockers" then this show can't even lick the dirt off of low-point's shoes.

Oh, and as for shows lower on the scale,

Hogan ... knows ... Best. Reality TV that's staged.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't blame MTV so much, they're just reflecting a part of the world (albeit for their own financial gain). The worst thing is that the girls on that show will never get a taste of reality and understand how fortunate they are. In their mind, they're rich and they deserve to be.

Wow, it feels good to vent against that show. :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Well you don't have to worry about this one anymore, it was canceled and replaced after the 3rd episode. Pretty sad for a show that was only 5 episodes long.

I caught two of them and they weren't too bad. Tom Arnold is the only 'celeb' I knew. Most of it was fast forward affair but a time killer none-the-less.

Uninamous, now that is just soooo bad. I have no idea why I keep recording it.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm not surprised this was canceled after only three episodes.

I watched about 5 minutes of the first episode and gave up. Tried again with the second episode, thinking it had to improve. I gave it ten minutes and I was done. The thing gave me a headache, I don't think there was one shot that lasted more than five seconds. There must have been 50 cameras shooting this thing and they wanted to make sure every one of them was used, constantly bouncing from angle to angle, all over the stage. I've never watched anything with so many quick cuts from camera to camera, it was horrible, you couldn't possibly concentrate on what anyone was doing.

Iron Chef on the other hand is a great show. It moves pretty fast, but at least they pause once in a while so you can tell what the heck is happening.

Celebrity Chefs was pathetic.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I knew she was from daytime television but I'll never forget her freakout on the first Celeb edition of Fear Factor.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

In addition to The Simple Life, I would also add...

Britney & Kevin: Chaotic
Newlyweds (which I actually tried to watch, but it was just pure torture)
pretty much any reality show on MTV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks