What's new

American Idol - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
His mother said "Talent" not "Salad". And now we've lost Frenchie.

I hope Kimberly Locke makes it through, but I was hoping she would have chosen a different song.

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
I was pulling for Kimberly Locke, until she went bonkers on Simon. Screaming "YOU SUCK" at him, and throwing in a jab at the end of the show after Ryan thanked the judges ("Paula and Randy only!!!" she yelled) - all in half-jest I realize. Not very classy, and actually proved Simon's comments about her personality even more. If she moves on, hopefully she'll recongize the difference between trying to be funny and being a complete bitch... and learn a new song.

I continue to be mistified why contestants sometimes feel the need to berate the judges (especially Simon) for giving their honest and expert opinions....

My choice from the start (who unfortunately chose a poor song, and looked nervous last night), Candace, listened to their critiques (or ubiquitous praise in the case of Paula for every contestant) genuinely and briefy thanked them and walked away (without brownosing). Is it really that hard to do?

As soon as a contestant interupts a judges assessment with "Okaaayy, well I would DISAGREE with THAT!" I lose all interst in seeing them suceed. I'm sure you (the contestant)would disagree with negative comments... but they're the experts, your the one trying to impress America and the record label (Simon's)- so why humiliate yourself? If your a diva before you've even earned a dollar, I'd hate to see what you'll become. Yes talent, goes a long way, but is it that hard to show a little class.

Sorry for the rant. I know I can't be alone in this..... :confused:

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Marc, I also agree with you to a point. But it seems to me that the contestants are encouraged to make fun of and take on Simon. The host (I forget his name) seems to encourage it, and that clip with the pinching bag with Simon's picture was definitely staged. I sure the producers wouldn't air it unless they approved. Just my take.

Anyway, my favorites last night were Reuben, Clay and Kimberly.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think it's so cruel to have the top 3 up there for so long to drag it out and then dismiss the 3rd wheel at the very end of the show. But it's what AI does.

I still don't get the Ruben phenomena, and I still find his voice flat in spots that makes me think his limited range may be exposed in the finals, but this comes down to a personality contest for a good while in the final 10 countdown, so he may stick around. Plus his clothing style is nothing to write home about.

I feel bad for Clay, I don't know if he'll squeeze into one of the 2 wildcard slots. I hope so.

I don't think Seacrest will miss Kevin and Ruben, though, bloody lip and all.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Although I liked Ruben before this week, I found his performance on Tuesday to be not as good as the judges thought, lacking any emotion. I thought it was just me, but after seeing him again last night, I still don't see what was great about his singing of "Superstar." I thought Jadas did better than he.

Did Clay sing the Mariah Carey version of "Open Arms?"

~T

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Yeah. I know Mariah Carey did a cover, but I never really heard it. Clay sounded nothing like Journey's and worse. Or was that his own rendition?

~T

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Well, this ain't Karaoke Idol, is it?
Thus far it has been exactly that.

I have heard that same women sing "Over the Rainbow" 4 times now. And everytime she has strangled the song rather than just sing it. Yes she has a powerful voice but at times it seems she is more concerned with flexing her vocal chords rather than getting the feel of the song. I think she should try a Mariah or Celine type song with a lot of high notes and vocal acrobatics.

Ruben, who sang "Superstar" for the 3rd time (Don't these people know any other songs?), does not seem to have the vocal range, but his performaces while not as technicaly impressive, I have found a little more pleasing to the ear, and proper for the mood of the material he's chosen.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Ryan Seacrest totally blew it last night. When the 2 final girls were there, he read too far on his card and said "Hadas, I'm sorry. . ." Then he realized he was supposed to cut to the commercial break and said his bit about finding out who makes it when they return.

Poor Hadas had to sit there after the break, looking like she didn't already know she was out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks