What's new

American Horror Story: New York City (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
AHS-NYC-keyart-2.jpg

The 11th installment of FX’s American Horror Story franchise is set for a fall premiere. FX has slotted Wednesday, October 19 for the debut of AHS: NYC. The announcement also is a confirmation of the title and the season’s focus on the Big Apple. The first two episodes of the 10-episode season will drop at 10 PM ET/PT on FX and will stream the next day on Hulu. They will be followed by two episodes each Wednesday for four subsequent weeks. FX also released the key art below.

The plot of the new installment remains under wraps, but the cast is confirmed. It stars Joe Mantello, Billie Lourd, Zachary Quinto, Russell Tovey, Leslie Grossman, Charlie Carver, Sandra Bernhard, Isaac Powell, Denis O’Hare and Patti LuPone.

Source

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Interesting that they're burning through the whole series in 5 weeks on FX. Must be anxious to get it to streaming.

I kind of run hot/cold on this series. I'll binge a couple seasons, then forget about it for years. I still haven't watched some of the past seasons. Double Feature is still on my DVR from last year. Also have not yet watched Freak Show, Apocalypse, and the latter half of Hotel.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Why two episodes a week? Seems like they are trying to burn through it.

I enjoyed binging these a couple of years ago when there were like 8 or 9 seasons worth of stories to work through. But being caught up, I’d prefer having a weekly entry that lasts for 8-10 weeks.

I think I’ll probably just watch one a week anyway and just stay out of any discussion threads.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Why two episodes a week? Seems like they are trying to burn through it.
Ratings have dropped precipitously over the past couple of seasons. I think they're just trying to fulfill Ryan Murphy's contract and move on (though I think the contract runs for two more seasons after NYC, through Season 13). Not sure how it fares on streaming.

1664571379551.png

Richard Kaufman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Kaufman
I binge it, so the contracted broadcast schedule just means I will be able to binge sooner rather than later. Good news. And perhaps they think a lot of their viewers feel the same way.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone watch this? I enjoyed (mostly) the first several seasons but it kind of lost its appeal. I think the last one I saw took place in a small oceanside town and it had a writer as a main character. Or something like that.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Did anyone watch this? I enjoyed (mostly) the first several seasons but it kind of lost its appeal. I think the last one I saw took place in a small oceanside town and it had a writer as a main character. Or something like that.
NYC was an odd season IMO.

It depicted something from the real word that was truly horrific, the AIDS epidemic. So it didn’t really need any other “horror” aspects. But it worked in a deranged killer, which was fine due to the nature of the series.

Where it lost me was the inclusion of a seemingly supernatural element/player that I’m not sure if it was to be taken literally or if it was more of a figurative depiction of the epidemic. But it played out in several scenes as an absolutely real thing. I felt that aspect could have been a bit more clear on what it was suppose to be. I thought the fates of the main players was terrible enough just based on the reality of the epidemic that if they were going to work in a supernatural angle it should have been inspired. And here I felt that was muddled.

Looking forward to season 12, though. “Delicate”

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
NYC was an odd season IMO.

It depicted something from the real word that was truly horrific, the AIDS epidemic. So it didn’t really need any other “horror” aspects. But it worked in a deranged killer, which was fine due to the nature of the series.
Yeah, I felt NYC was pretty good when it was dealing with the real world history like the mob-owned gay clubs or the beginnings of AIDS but the fictional horror was much less interesting to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks