What's new

Amazon Music Problem! (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
If I’m using the Amazon app to play music on my Denon, I wonder if it’d be considered a second stream to play it on an Echo? I’d guess yes.

I’ve always used HEOS for Amazon music until I discovered I couldn’t create a playlist with it. Then I tried the standalone app and it also works with the Denon. I seems ok. And many songs have lyrics. Hey, I gotta see if they have lyrics for “Louie, Louie”. :P
As mentioned above I’ve been using the Amazon Music app to play music on my Denon X6500H AVR. It’s been easier to use and I can create playlists. About a week ago, when a song got down to 30 seconds, sometimes 10 seconds, it would skip to the next song. I would loose the nice screen display and HEOS logo comes up. Sometime I get a message reading “Denon AVR-X6500H Unable to play media. Please try again later.” The mission doesn’t alway appear.

I spent a couple hours with Amazon yesterday and didn’t solve it. Not so much with Denon, since he was more interested in blaming anything but the receiver. I have pulled the Ethernet cord and plugged it back in. I reset the network on the receiver. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Amazon app. Restarted the modem. My receiver was connected to the router via Ethernet run up into the attic. I tried Standard music instead of HD on the app. I’ve connected the Denon to my iphone via Bluetooth. I’m not running with the AVR connected to wifi and not Ethernet. It still does it there.

All this time I’m streaming just fine (not simultaneously) with my AppleTV 4K connected to the AVR. On my phone I have the HEOS app, which I initially used, but I couldn’t create playlists there. That’s the next thing I’ll try.

I’m at a loss. Either Amazon did something with their app or my Denon is screwing up. Both this Denon and my previous Denon, after a few months, Input port 1 failed. So I just used an empty port. If I can nail this fault to Denon, it will be my last one.

Any ideas?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
When I tried to use Amazon Music directly on either of my Denon receivers, I would get the same issue from time to time, even if I used the horrible HEOS app on my phone. I essentially gave up and use the Amazon Music app on either my Roku or Firestick. The Firestick does support Amazon Music's HD streams.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I tried to use Amazon Music directly on either of my Denon receivers, I would get the same issue from time to time, even if I used the horrible HEOS app on my phone. I essentially gave up and use the Amazon Music app on either my Roku or Firestick. The Firestick does support Amazon Music's HD streams.
I never had this issue with the HEOS app. Guess I could use a Firestick, I’m sure I’ve got a USB port on the AVR.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I've given up on Amazon Music and will be upgrading to Spotify HiFi when that finally drops.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I never had this issue with the HEOS app. Guess I could use a Firestick, I’m sure I’ve got a USB port on the AVR.
USB? The downside to Firesticks is that even though they appear to use USB as their power supply, they actually require the included Amazon USB power adapter due to a slightly higher voltage/amperage requirement.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I looked at the Firestick more closely and it goes into an hdmi on the TV. I want the music coming out of my AVR. I presume I can plug it into an HDMI on my AVR.

I tried earlier to run pandora on my iphone and connect directly to the AVR and couldn’t figure out how to do it. Right now I’m running Amazon Music via the HEOSS app. It doesn’t even show playlists I had already created via the standalone AM app. It’s so barebones.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I now have the Firestick 4K and it does play HD music. NO SKIPPING. I’m not sure the side is as good going thru HEOS, I’ll have to do some comparisons, but this my best option for now.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I now have the Firestick 4K and it does play HD music. NO SKIPPING. I’m not sure the side is as good going thru HEOS, I’ll have to do some comparisons, but this my best option for now.
I’ve found I prefer the iphone amazon app to the Firestick app. Also it not not possible to create playlists on the Firestick app.

Pierro79

Auditioning
Real Name
Pierre
Bonjour, j'ai également le même problème j'ai un Denon AVR X 4500H en 5.1.2 déjà impossible d'écouter du son en dolby atmos sur Amazon music et c'est pareil avec Heos. Avec Amazon music ne vont pas jusqu'au bout et passe à la suivante. Quand j'écoute avec la NVIDIA Shield ça fonctionne mais doit allumer le projecteur vidéo donc pas très écologique pour écouter la musique... Si quelqu'un à trouver une solution au problème je suis preneur.

Bonne journée.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks