What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Okay I know it's the holiday season, and delivery sometimes take a little bit of time. So I'm trying to find out if I'm the only one that's this is happening to. I ordered three items. Small, a couple of 4K disc, and since I'm working a different shift I decided to have it put at an Amazon Locker in the neighborhood. And for three days they have found it undeliverable to access their own locker. I think I smell a BS story here, if you don't have the item in stock then just tell me so and refund my cash and have me reorder.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Okay I know it's the holiday season, and delivery sometimes take a little bit of time. So I'm trying to find out if I'm the only one that's this is happening to. I ordered three items. Small, a couple of 4K disc, and since I'm working a different shift I decided to have it put at an Amazon Locker in the neighborhood. And for three days they have found it undeliverable to access their own locker. I think I smell a BS story here, if you don't have the item in stock then just tell me so and refund my cash and have me reorder.
Is it possible that with holiday shipping, all the lockers are full and they have nowhere to receive it? I don't know how many days they leave items in lockers if people don't pick them up right away.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Interesting. I have never experienced an offered reward that didn't work with my card, but I have never had any offers for a reward for Amazon through American Express.

Have you actually ever used your Amex card w/ them? IF not, maybe that's why they didn't bother to make such offers to you.

I actually seem to get those offers increasingly often nowadays (maybe upto several times a year vs maybe once or twice a year 5-10 years ago), especially during the holiday shopping seasons it seems, although they weren't actually working for me (because Amazon somehow couldn't link my Amex rewards as points for over a year after I updated my card account... until now). But they certainly also have my Amex card saved as a payment method all along -- don't recall when I first used it w/ them, but probably long ago before I ever received such offers. I also usually get the ones for Discover card... though I didn't get the very nice 30%-off one that Howie got this time around -- maybe they only offer either that or the Amex 40%-off one I got, but not both... though I did get a different lesser Discover card offer (I mentioned) pretty much at the same time...

_Man_

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've used Discover pretty exclusively at Amazon for years and years and don't recall any special offers.

I must be on some sort of black-list for retail savings offers, as over the years people talked about all the offers and coupons they got from being a rewards member at Barnes & Noble, too, and I never got any of those in the years I was a rewards member. Didn't get any of the Target Circle savings during my last trip to Target, either, though the rewards code was scanned at the checkout.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Have you actually ever used your Amex card w/ them? IF not, maybe that's why they didn't bother to make such offers to you.
I am pretty sure I have used my Amex card on Amazon at least once, as it's one of the stored payment options on our Amazon account. I would not have added it there unless I was going to use it for some reason.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I wonder... if it's because I don't buy from them quite as much or frequently (and w/ those particular CCs outside of whatever offers) as you guys might... that they make those offers....

I only ever use my Discover card w/ them when there are at least the 5% cashback offer one quarter each year... and almost never my Amex card anymore (ever since I got my Amazon Visa that gives at least 3% back well over a decade ago) unless I get one of those kinds of offers...

I often "window-shop" w/ Amazon, but often enough just stash stuff in my cart/save-for-later for (very) long stretches and/or buy elsewhere, especially since I don't normally keep a Prime membership.

_Man_

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
FWIW I *rarely* get an "invite" from Amazon for any kind of "special offer." I usually discover them on slickdeals and then check to see if my account qualifies. There's about a 50/50 shot it will.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW I *rarely* get an "invite" from Amazon for any kind of "special offer." I usually discover them on slickdeals and then check to see if my account qualifies. There's about a 50/50 shot it will.

I rarely check those... but would say the "invites" can often be easily missed/overlooked in the way Amazon makes them -- it's usually just another banner or the like that shows up in a random mix/rotation of banners, etc.

Yeah, I've very sporadically tried what you're essentially suggesting... and yes, something like 50/50 shot in that case...

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have never figured out the rhyme or reason for the Amex offers that show up on my account. I get a few that I have used several times, some that I have received just once but would like to use again, and a lot that I would never use.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I rarely check those... but would say the "invites" can often be easily missed/overlooked in the way Amazon makes them -- it's usually just another banner or the like that shows up in a random mix/rotation of banners, etc.

Yeah, I've very sporadically tried what you're essentially suggesting... and yes, something like 50/50 shot in that case...

_Man_
That could be it - coupled with my aggressive use of an ad blocker on Amazon. I check slickdeals every morning at work "just in case" and count on those users to point out all of them (quite likely - I see them for all kinds of cards, most of which I do not use).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is the best place I can think to ask this question.

Amazon has done something for me--twice--in the past weeks. It didn't piss me off. But it completely surprised/amazed me.

The same thing happened in both cases.

In separate orders, I ordered that goop someone can use to clean the crud out from under their laptop keys or to detail a car...and a replacement laptop AC cord.

On both orders, Amazon told me that I could receive it NEXT DAY.

Now that has become less unusual since a big Amazon warehouse has opened nearby. But that usually means an Amazon delivery truck delivers the item to my home. But in the instances of the goop and AC cord, both items showed up in my mailbox...delivered by the USPS!

@Ronald Epstein you've got insight into the workings of the USPS. How is it possible that I can order something on Amazon in an afternoon and have it arrive by USPS by 9am the following morning?!? That seems like an absolute impossibility to the way I understand the laws of physics (and the federal government :D )!

The address label for the goop says it was sent from the company warehouse in Carteret, NJ. And it reached my home in upstate New York (near Saratoga).

AC Cord. Ordered January 21 (afternoon). Shipped January 21. In my mailbox 9am January 22.

Goop. Ordered the afternoon of January 22. Shipped January 22. In my mailbox 9am January 23.

Twice in one week. Color me amazed.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
At least around me downstate, if Amazon is using USPS, they tend to use their own services to deliver the product very close to home - like directly to my local post office or the hub that supplies my local post office - and then the post office takes it from there. So it’s just a matter of USPS doing the last mile service. I guess if Amazon can get the package to USPS before they do their delivery rounds, it can make it.

It’s extremely rare that I have a delivery time complaint with Amazon, fortunately. The only time I really have an issue is if the Warehouse programming results in a product being coded for a shipping container that doesn’t properly protect the item, but from what I keep reading, the workers on the warehouse floor don’t have any say in what packaging they use, they have seconds to put the item the tablet tells them to grab from the shelf into the kind of mailer that the tablet has specified, and when that happens, it seems impossible to get the attention of a human supervisor to use some common sense to override that mismatch.

How was your goop? :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This is the best place I can think to ask this question.

Amazon has done something for me--twice--in the past weeks. It didn't piss me off. But it completely surprised/amazed me.

The same thing happened in both cases.

In separate orders, I ordered that goop someone can use to clean the crud out from under their laptop keys or to detail a car...and a replacement laptop AC cord.

On both orders, Amazon told me that I could receive it NEXT DAY.

Now that has become less unusual since a big Amazon warehouse has opened nearby. But that usually means an Amazon delivery truck delivers the item to my home. But in the instances of the goop and AC cord, both items showed up in my mailbox...delivered by the USPS!

@Ronald Epstein you've got insight into the workings of the USPS. How is it possible that I can order something on Amazon in an afternoon and have it arrive by USPS by 9am the following morning?!? That seems like an absolute impossibility to the way I understand the laws of physics (and the federal government :D )!

The address label for the goop says it was sent from the company warehouse in Carteret, NJ. And it reached my home in upstate New York (near Saratoga).

AC Cord. Ordered January 21 (afternoon). Shipped January 21. In my mailbox 9am January 22.

Goop. Ordered the afternoon of January 22. Shipped January 22. In my mailbox 9am January 23.

Twice in one week. Color me amazed.
So, you are the reason postage cost just up again this week. :laugh:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I have been having trouble with Canadian Amazon. We have been prime members for a number of years, and being still into physical media I order all my Blu rays from them. I also often pre-order. The last 3 times I did this, my account says “we will e-mail you when we have a delivery date” and I wait about a month past the date originally listed when i ordered. This time I am waiting for season 4 of Star Trek Lower Decks, which was supposed to be available after January 5th. Here it is January 25th and zip.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I have been having trouble with Canadian Amazon. We have been prime members for a number of years, and being still into physical media I order all my Blu rays from them. I also often pre-order. The last 3 times I did this, my account says “we will e-mail you when we have a delivery date” and I wait about a month past the date originally listed when i ordered. This time I am waiting for season 4 of Star Trek Lower Decks, which was supposed to be available after January 5th. Here it is January 25th and zip.
I don't believe S4 is out yet. It's still in "pre order" status at Amazon Canada and Deep Discount (without any release date listed), and is not even listed in a few other places I checked.

It was nearly 8 months for the S3 disc release after the season streamed on Paramount+. Season 4 just wrapped up in October 2023, I think, so it would seem likely to be May/June release. A January release would be very fast.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
What date does it show if you were to order it today?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks