What's new

Allison Acoustics Speakers (2 Viewers)

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I, personally, think Allison is some of the finest speakers that's been made. I've always wanted some Allison Ones, but couldn't afford them. Back in the 60s (I think), Roy Allison was the chief engineer for AR speakers. He was in that position when he left to start his own company.
Here is a good review that was for Allison Fours, but would really fit about any Allison. Check it out........
Classic Loudspeaker Review #1...The Allison Four Loudspeaker And The Return Of Acoustic Suspension - Important Speaker Characteristics - Epinions.com

ericrk

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
I have a pair of Allison 4 speakers, I believe they're in good condition, yet sold as is. $300 OBO plus s/h by usps, which is about $30 per speaker, but will get price if you are serious.

DesignInc

Auditioning
Real Name
David Mellish
That is a very tough question Allison One's where out of my budget in 1978 when I bought my Allison Fours which were $375/pr. When the Allison One's where re-released in about 2006 they were $5350/pr. I currently have both the One's and the Four's which I would NOT sell. If ericrk still has his Four's for $300. you should buy them they sound sublime when set up properly ... vocals are stellar. FYI: Do not replace the woofers on any of the old Allisons for $25 you can re-foam them they are not replacable everything in the box was custom designed by Roy. Roy Allison left AR with the former president Abe Hoffman to create the best speakers in the world ... they don't have a "sweet spot" like all the flat baffled speakers so you can be most anywhere in the room and get great sound. Roy's main objectives was to eliminate the dip in power in the 100-300Hz range and that makes for full and rich vocals etc.
David

travelbug

Auditioning
Real Name
Jean Green
I have a pair of Allison Acoustics speakers...floor ones in very good condition. Serial number C 6073 measures 40" by 10". Are you still looking for some?

the ween

Auditioning
Real Name
cisco123
I have an early pair of Allison 1's for sale. 1st 30 made acording to serial # and sequential #'s. I also have Crown 150 pre and 150 amp 4 sale.

storage85

Auditioning
Real Name
Tee
I have a pair of Allison Six's in very good condition... $350 for the pair.
Let me know if you are interested... and where are you located?

nelsress

Auditioning
Real Name
Nelson
Hi The Ween,
Still have the Allison Ones? I'm interested if you do. Where are you located? Thanks.

monumentview

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Nelson
I have a pair of Allison Ones that I bought new. These are the big floor standing model 40" high. They are in excellent condition and sound spectacular. No mars on cabinetry or issues with screen. I can send photos if you like. I was thinking of $1000 for the pair? Let me know or call me at my cell 703.517.1345

jmp12

Auditioning
Real Name
John Plaschke
I have a pair of Allison speakers. I bought them around 1990. Perfect condition. No scratches on cabinet. Grill is perfect. Oak cabinet
I am not sure of the model. They are about 18 inches tall.
ser numbers 11225 and 11226
Washington DC area. $150 for pair
7812302b_IMG000024.jpeg

e0a01e17_IMG000023.jpeg

jmp12

Auditioning
Real Name
John Plaschke
I have a pair of Allison speakers. I bought them around 1990. Perfect condition. No scratches on cabinet. Grill is perfect. Oak cabinet
I am not sure of the model. They are about 18 inches tall.
ser numbers 11225 and 11226
asking $200 prefer local to DC area
7812302b_IMG000024.jpeg

b69a6825_IMG000023.jpeg

Beetlebum

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy Alley
I've got a pair of CD9s on ebay (non original subs):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allison-CD9-Speakers-/250988525534?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item3a7014f7de

Eric Klingsten

Auditioning
Real Name
ERIC
YES!!! IF you're still interested, I got a pair of the Allison 3's and Allison 4's with me! NOW, I want to tell you they will need some "touching up" to do, like revanishing the cabinets, and replacing the foam in the speakers, but I do have them in my possession. Would you be interested in any of them?? Please let me know, and I can send you pictures.
Thanks
ERIC

Neffi

Auditioning
Real Name
Neftali
I do have one pair original like new condition never recon for $200.00

Redthread

Auditioning
Real Name
ER
I am looking to sell my pair of Allison 4 speakers. Hate to give them up, but it's time. Anyone interested? Any suggestions as to a fair price for a pair in good condition? Originally bought them on the late 70's and have always loved them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks