Allison Acoustics Speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Maine_Man, Jan 1, 2008.

1. DesignInc

DesignInc Auditioning

Personally I feel $375 with refoams done that would be my minimum ... BTW: anyone refinishing cabinets should NOT "varnish" those cabinets. I use boiled linseed oil its easy wipe on, it's appropriate for the time period and they look rich. Mine are walnut.

2. DesignInc

DesignInc Auditioning

that reply was for the Allison Four's

3. Redthread

Redthread Auditioning

Thanks. I have not touched them, but they still sound great. Suggestions on the best place to advertise? Have them on Craig's list. There are a pair of the later ones on eBay for $750 which I am watching, but suspect is pretty high. Appreciate the reply.

4. Phil A

Phil A Producer
    Supporter

Phil
    I really liked Allison Acoustics speakers back in the day. Here are some images - http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?showtopic=3030
    Like any speaker that has not been around for the bit the problem always is can replacement drivers be found if there is a problem. The owner of the store I hung out in many moons ago carried Allison and had the One's in house. The thing that was great about them is they designed models for where they would be placed in the room (and the room is always the most overlooked audio component). The Three's were made for corner placement.

5. Wharfedaleguy

Wharfedaleguy New User

Robert
    I have many pairs of Allison's I'm willing to part with...