What's new

All in the Family, Hogan's Heroes and The Cosby Show on DVD from Colubmia House!!! (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Brian, could you please post the URL of the page where you found that?
This is C&P'ed from Columbia House :
quote: ALL IN THE FAMILY ON DVD
Introductory DVD (4 episodes) is just $4.95 plus shipping and handling with subscription.
How groundbreaking was "All In The Family"? The worn armchairs from the set now rest in the Smithsonian Institution, the high mark of American pop culture! The term "Archie Bunkerism" now appears in some dictionaries. And People magazine called "All In The Family" "the best show to put in a time capsule." Now you can add this classic to your DVD collection! Subsequent volumes are $24.95 each plus shipping and handling [/quote]
The subsequent videos are $19.95, from what I found. I did not log in to the site, though, because I do not have a CH membership, so maybe that accounts for the difference?
And, BTW, as far as your example of All in the Family, you are mistaken. Fox had nothing to do with that show. It is owned either by Paramount (through CBS) or Sony (through Columbia-Tristar TV).
[Edited last by Scott_J on October 21, 2001 at 02:18 PM]

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Huh! Well, that's just great. Where I was getting the price from was where you actually go in to order -- click on "order now" and it takes you to a screen that shows the prices as $19.95. But you're right, Scott -- the screen before that says $24.95. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I won't find out what it really is until I get my second volume (or call Columbia House on the phone).
As for the studio that owns the rights, I'll admit I just guessed -- I was just throwing that out as a "what if."
Something depressing, though... There were 210 episodes of "All in the Family" over 9 seasons, not counting the pilots. At the rate of one DVD every 6 weeks, with 4 episodes per disc, it would take 6 1/2 YEARS to get every episode! Even at the optimistic rate of one per month, it would still take almost 4 1/2 years! Yeesh! Well, the longest journey begins with one step, I guess.
I really don't like the subsciption model, either. I just don't know how else to get them.
[Edited last by Brian W. on October 21, 2001 at 11:47 PM]

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Has anyone ordered the All in the Family disc and received it yet? If you have, could you post details (i.e. is it chronological, any extras, picture quality, etc.)? Thanks.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Did you notice how all the shows they have or that will be available are all comedies. They have none of their dramas or scifi shows listed. (ie-Knot's Landing, Airworlf, Equalizer etc.)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Married with Children damnit
Wouldn't hurt them to get Battlestar Galactica and do all the eps either. THat's not likely to happen until they see where the new series goes

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, I just got a form letter in the mail from Columbia House, informing me that the All in the Family DVDs were "out of stock." I seem to recall the same thing happening with their I Love Lucy series. I wish they'd get on the ball. Sigh.

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
Brian-
Read your reply and could not help but post.....
When you said that 'CHreTV should get ont the "BALL"
Maybe that is the trouble.. they have a "LUCY" doing the packaging.....
laugh.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks